2021-22 winter ski season thread...

11 hours ago, toast21602 said:

This would warm up cold bodies in the parking lot after skiing. Just saying....

at 20-25abv, i don't think it'd be the best idea before driving home. half is bottom shelf 101 proof whiskey.

...that doesn't mean i won't bring some for sampling though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Schif said:

So you toss it all in a pot and heat it up on the stove? I think this might be the winter of hot beverages for me. 

easiest is to mix everything except the liquor in a crock pot until its boiling. then reduce temp and add liquor. wahtever you dont drink can be stored in the fridge and lightly reheated in the microwave if impatient you want to start drinking asap or warmed up on the stove.

i didn't want to create yet another post correcting myself, but there was no add'l orange juice. sorry, i was still waking up. also it was missing raisins in the photo. 

pic here in crock pot - https://photos.app.goo.gl/UEh7fdPw1LxfCJ9h6 - you'll notice i mixed everything in at once. i don't recommend that. took almost the whole night to heat up and i had to keep temping to avoid overheating. now i do it the way i mentioned and then leave it on 'keep warm' for a half the day.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 3

Hot/mulled, spiced beer is also good...a lot of bars in Poland served it when I was there.  

• 1 bottle of your favorite beer (or go with something a bit darker, to the the full flavor of hops and barley
  • 3 cloves
  • 1 tbs of honey
  • 1/2 stick of cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon)
  • 1/4 cup of orange juice or juice of 1/2 orange (or any other juice)
  • Like 2

Wiss ski club is awesome, I’ve been there for a few events with friends who are members. Never got the chance to ski it unfortunately, but their lodge is so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Hot/mulled, spiced beer is also good...a lot of bars in Poland served it when I was there.  

• 1 bottle of your favorite beer (or go with something a bit darker, to the the full flavor of hops and barley
  • 3 cloves
  • 1 tbs of honey
  • 1/2 stick of cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon)
  • 1/4 cup of orange juice or juice of 1/2 orange (or any other juice)

That sounds lovely. When I was in the Czech Republic the other week they had a bunch of huts in their town square that served "Christmas Punch" (in whatever Czech words they had). It was mulled wine with different shots of liquor. Fantastic.... and scary potent. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

White ribbon of death at copper mountain.  See 4:42 for a wipeout. 

is it normal to have gondolas and chairs on the same lift???

also, there's a backhoe that's been going to town at the top of burma. hoping its not a problem...

Edited by Benm