2021-22 winter ski season thread...

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

White ribbon of death at copper mountain.  See 4:42 for a wipeout. 

I am itching to ski but every place that is opened looks like this. Abasin has the most opened but their lift lines are long too. Trying to scope out something to skin, but even that is proving a challenge. 

9 minutes ago, Barb said:

I am itching to ski but every place that is opened looks like this. Abasin has the most opened but their lift lines are long too. Trying to scope out something to skin, but even that is proving a challenge. 

Maybe try Abasin on a weekday and arrive at opening. I would get stopped by speed patrol at all those places. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

is it normal to have gondolas and chairs on the same lift???

also, there's a backhoe that's been going to town at the top of burma. hoping its not a problem...

Not normal but some resorts have them. I just remembered they also try to get Burma open early now.  One season blue opened with lazy mile in addition to Main Street. 

happy skison friends, we're almost there. really wanted to join you all at Blue again, but I apparently missed the boat to buy a $725 pass (whoops). decided to go to BC this year, but I hope to get up to blue for at least one parking lot pimping session. this will be the first year I've held a pass (in PA) that wasn't at blue the true since my very first one in 2005. big sad.

Edited by Justin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, saltyant said:

WJW, I cant even imagine having to ski around all those gapers.

Well it’s two high speed quads for one top to bottom run. The bad thing is that they have race training before it’s open to the public so no fresh cord to start and probably ruts. 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Justin said:

happy skison friends, we're almost there. really wanted to join you all at Blue again, but I apparently missed the boat to buy a $725 pass (whoops). decided to go to BC this year, but I hope to get up to blue for at least one parking lot pimping session. this will be the first year I've held a pass (in PA) that wasn't at blue the true since my very first one in 2005. big sad.

I saw you complaining on Facebook.  Like two years ago you had a season pass and you only went twice.  Maybe you can use Shadows buddy pass 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I saw you complaining on Facebook.  Like two years ago you had a season pass and you only went twice.  Maybe you can use Shadows buddy pass 

the way they handled passes this year was ridiculous. I'm not one to complain on FB like that, but I felt like I needed to share my feedback somehow with them. I still would have overpaid too, if that were even an option.

my job screwed me in 19/20 by forcing travel on me sun-wed, so that killed my ability to actually ski that year. those were 2 very expensive days lol. living in coatesville also sucked. now that we're in ambler, it's way easier to get out and ski though, that should be more enticing to go every week. 50 min to BC, 75 min to blue. looks like I'm skiing a lot more park this year than I planned.

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

the way they handled passes this year was ridiculous. I'm not one to complain on FB like that, but I felt like I needed to share my feedback somehow with them. I still would have overpaid too, if that were even an option.

my job screwed me in 19/20 by forcing travel on me sun-wed, so that killed my ability to actually ski that year. those were 2 very expensive days lol. living in coatesville also sucked. now that we're in ambler, it's way easier to get out and ski though, that should be more enticing to go every week. 50 min to BC, 75 min to blue. looks like I'm skiing a lot more park this year than I planned.

Gotcha...until a few years ago I’d wait until November to buy my season pass. I’ve switched to buying the late winter/early spring early bird price because they advertise limited quantities.  A couple people from the PASR row didn’t have passes so I begged and pleaded with Blue for weeks for them to release more season passes and they did last month..I feel for you 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A couple people from the PASR row didn’t have passes so I begged and pleaded with Blue for weeks for them to release more season passes and they did last month..I feel for you 

Thanks for helping those people. They owe you a beer or two, or at least a Yoohoo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Gotcha...until a few years ago I’d wait until November to buy my season pass. I’ve switched to buying the late winter/early spring early bird price because they advertise limited quantities.  A couple people from the PASR row didn’t have passes so I begged and pleaded with Blue for weeks for them to release more season passes and they did last month..I feel for you 

I'll likely hop on that train, unless BC blows me away this year. hopefully they do an offer in march or something so I can get a few spring days in. I just always hated committing that far in advance for a pass.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks for helping those people. They owe you a beer or two, or at least a Yoohoo.

I actually like helping people and have had many people tell me they appreciate what I do from friends to customers...and also the jealous haters. I haven’t had yoo hoo since I was in about 5th grade.  I’ve never been much of a milk drinker.  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Justin said:

Hit me up sometime. I also have a Bear  Pass and usually split between the park and grommers. 

• Love 1

19 hours ago, Justin said:

I'll likely hop on that train, unless BC blows me away this year. hopefully they do an offer in march or something so I can get a few spring days in. I just always hated committing that far in advance for a pass.

Plenty of us have buddy passes for Blue and it would be great to see you back there one day!

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Benm said:

Listen Joseph aka Jose aka top gun aka @saltyant  

What is confusing. 

Death lift? I don't believe anyone died from the Sullivan chair falling, I think they were injured. I suppose it should be called the "Sullivan injury lift".

And who's Jose? The Dysfunctional Leprechaun? We dont use street names around here, @Benm

Oh and Cbk aren't dorks, they are super rad and far out.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Death lift? I don't believe anyone died from the Sullivan chair falling, I think they were injured. I suppose it should be called the "Sullivan injury lift".

And who's Jose? The Dysfunctional Leprechaun? We dont use street names around here, @Benm

Oh and Cbk aren't dorks, they are super rad and far out.

images.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1