2021-22 winter ski season thread...

45 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Holy shit that’s amazing.  I’m praying my bindings make it through season #4

Honestly, I never even thought about getting new ones because I had no reason to. Besides a plastic strap breaking in half 2 seasons ago I had no issues with them.

6 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Lot at killington looks packed but I can’t find a view of the lift line

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think they have big World Cup races there. 

What gss said. 

they shared a live view of it on fb today and it was PACKED 

Picked up the skis today. The lady who helped me made it seem like there was some internal doubt they would make Friday. One of the other employees said something like “You coming out Friday?” And I said yes, then the lady who was handling my skis said something like “We’ll see, they’re still hopeful but there’s a lot of snow to make.”

No trying to stomp the stoke, just reporting the convo. I’m confident they’ll make it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Picked up the skis today. The lady who helped me made it seem like there was some internal doubt they would make Friday. One of the other employees said something like “You coming out Friday?” And I said yes, then the lady who was handling my skis said something like “We’ll see, they’re still hopeful but there’s a lot of snow to make.”

No trying to stomp the stoke, just reporting the convo. I’m confident they’ll make it

Careful. Doug is going to call you a stoke stomper who is purposely trying to piss people off and that you should make this a day of kindness. 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Careful. Doug is going to call you a stoke stomper who is purposely trying to piss people off and that you should make this a day of kindness. 

No way...I don’t bite the hand that feeds me meat but if you reported this Toast I would go on a profanity filled tirade. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Has anyone been to Whistler? I'm looking to February 27 - March 4'ish with my brother + a friend from college.  

We have a hotel booked near the Gondola but I'm mostly curious about the shuttle from Vancouver to Whistler...

14 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

@toast21602 has been there 

Multiple times. It’s a blast. We have rented a car and also taken a bus. Plenty of ways to get there. 

7 hours ago, skiincy said:

Has anyone been to Whistler? I'm looking to February 27 - March 4'ish with my brother + a friend from college.  

We have a hotel booked near the Gondola but I'm mostly curious about the shuttle from Vancouver to Whistler...

The drive from Vancouver to Whistler was pretty nice when we were there. Got to stop at a waterfall and get a lifestyle shot of @toast21602on the shoreline. Heard stories it could be spicy if the weather is bad though.

7852791A-E448-4E50-A524-0B1609F5D640.jpeg

130FE99C-1A34-4900-A7DF-137A7384E29A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1