2021-22 winter ski season thread...

You won't need a car at Whistler. Definitely take a shuttle from/to the airport. You need to make a reservation though. Approximately a 1:15 - 1:30 hr scenic trip if I remember correctly...

Edited to add... Does your hotel offer a shuttle?

Edited by rummy

4 hours ago, rummy said:

You won't need a car at Whistler. Definitely take a shuttle from/to the airport. You need to make a reservation though. Approximately a 1:15 - 1:30 hr scenic trip if I remember correctly...

Edited to add... Does your hotel offer a shuttle?

@mute1080- those are sweet & spicy pics!

@rummy- I'm staying at Whistler Village Inn near the Gondola and the center where the shuttle drops off. Considering the lack of rental cars, I may just do the shuttle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Wow.  Thats interesting.  Vail cant get people to man the french fryers, yet they are buying up more resorts.  

And, where the hell is this ski resort in KOP?????   Why the fuck do i drive to Blue?

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

And, where the hell is this ski resort in KOP?????   Why the fuck do i drive to Blue?

Impressive writing in that article. They were misled by a quick Googling. Clearly John P. Wise/KDKA-TV isn't from MALVERN. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Eldora today. They are now only allowing close in parking for 3 plus occupants in the car.  So we had to walk a bit. Beautiful warm sunny day. Crowds were low but since such limited terrain opened it felt a bit busy. The whole backside of the mountain is still closed. 

Since they had a recent death of someone going too fast and slamming into another person, they had ski patrol perched mid run on each run. I actually appreciated this because I have heard it has been nuts everywhere this season. That being said, my 6th run, I was skiing on the side of the trail making small turns; I hear a snowboarder that sounded close but I thought, “they always sound loud.”  With that I see him in my periphery and he came in hot, his board slammed against my ski edge, then he pushed off of me with his elbow. I honestly don’t know how I stayed upright. I stopped, a bit freaked, and yelled “you motherfucker!” As loud as I could. He didn’t stop, didn’t apologize.

When I got to the bottom Shannon happened to be there and the line was getting longer so I told her that was a sign for me to be done for the day. Weather was beautiful but conditions were meh, we really need some fresh snow. 

80C2960F-E477-4978-B67A-12E755F96763.thumb.jpeg.cd1de7d2dd4a0a1231433074d4d783d4.jpeg

Edited by Barb
  • Like 7

I’m glad you’re ok Barb.  The few times I’ve skied with slower people it’s freaking scary.  I’m used to being the one doing the passing(safely) and being passed by most especially close is nuts.  If my boot is bugging me I’ll wait till the end of the run to fix it if I’m on a regular ski trail...I don’t feel safe just standing still in the middle of a run. 

• Like 2

I love these sorts of videos when I should be going to sleep.  

I have one friend in Utah bugging me to come out and ski and another who’s working at the Grand Lodge in deer valley which is 3-5 bedroom units going for a couple grand a night during high season who’s been discovering the dive bars in Park city.  He’s been to the St Regis cause that’s where the HR is.   Pretty cool 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah Nancy where have you been so far this season besides rocking around the Xmas tree lol. 

haha you're the only one who uses my real name.

Be there soon!

Had some some guests visit and did the Christmas thing. Then my parents, niece, and nephew visited so I did the kid things with them. 

Hoping to ski blue the week of December 27th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1