Camelback is the 8th Best Ski Resort in the U.S. & Canada

trackbiker

Camelback is a pretty amazing resort for folks both on and off the slopes. It’s a wide mountain with over 30 slopes and trails. It can take a lifetime to explore every nook and cranny. They have so many lifts..fast and slow..wide and narrow..some go up the hill and one transfers you between base villages. They have an alpine slide, multiple waterparks, tubing, a mountain coaster, a cigar bar, locker room, and even mountain scenes from an Italian restaurant where you can have a bottle of red or bottle of white depends on your mood.  

The mountain also has an Egyptian theme..how neat and is located in the Pocono mountain, world renowned as a honeymoon destination for folks who can’t afford to go to the Caribbean..you want to stay in a hotel room with a heart shaped tub and mirror on the ceiling...they exist in the poconos..just leave your black light at home.  

4BF36904-6864-4044-9264-E26089CBB66C.jpeg

• Boner City 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Benm said:

good.

hopefully cbk puts it on a billboard on 80 and 78 coming into PA. if it'll sway people who don't know any better to stay away from blue, i'm all for it. 

I’m glad camelback is finally getting the respect it deserves.  Even @theprogram4thinks it’s a top 5 PA mountain. Camelback is a major Pennsylvania ski area...y’all know what E40 said..if it’s major hit me on my pager...

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m glad camelback is finally getting the respect it deserves.  Even @theprogram4thinks it’s a top 5 PA mountain. Camelback is a major Pennsylvania ski area...y’all know what E40 said..if it’s major hit me on my pager...

Camelback is third best in PA (poconos) after blue and elk 

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I mean...Why do we even get on planes and drive long distances to go places when we have the 8th best resort of all time minutes away? 

Fo real. I didn't even realize that I was such a short drive away from an epic location. Imagine if they didn't have multiple mechanical failures resulting in injuries during all seasons.... they would probably be #1!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Camelback Mountain Adventures is closed today due to inclement weather. I know every PASR is anxiously waiting for updates so I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you for posting. I’ve already checked far right Twitter at least 5 times today, and I’ve seen every cool video on YouTube already.  New posts on PASR are essentially the only thing left on the internet for me to see 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Camelback, the #1 rated ski resort in Pennsylvania, is in the news. This is grate!!!

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/monroe-county/preparing-for-ski-season-in-the-poconos-camelback-shawnee-mountain-skiing-resort-hiring/523-82c85214-2679-441c-acf4-06f5cdc9462f

For anyone who has read the article and just can't get enough Camelback news, I'll provide some commentary:

The Camelback official social media manager reports that once Camelbeach (best beach in the world) closes after beaching season, the magical work commences to transform the mountain into a truly magnificant winter wonderland rivaling only the Matterhorn.  There are some exciting things happening at Camelback this upcoming ski season for all you PASRs who are counting down the days to hit all of that 800 foot vertical drop spread over a jaw dropping 166 acres of skiable terrain. The Nile Mile, the lengthiest of trails in all of Camelback, has been automated which is rad. That's a yuge upgrade to the mountain, big league. Camelback is getting a new snow groomer in to lay down perfectly parallel corduroy lines which will make Marjorie's Delight the same as a western groomer, thereby making it entirely unnecessarily for western skiing. And to top it all off, a brand-new chair lift is coming known as the Black Bear 6, which is fitting because black bears are predominately found in the Tetons and Camelback now offers the same skiing experience as Jackson Hole, without the drive. But to ensure this ski season is smooth, Camelback needs YOU!

526226661_NewBitmapImage.jpg.d46da8db68a130ea58d3839ee35a3501.jpg

Enlist today and join the Camelback mountain ranger army to ski and snowboard at your favorite mountain for free! The best part is, you may not even have to pay the parking scam! Camelback is an amazing place to work for. After enlistment, you'll spend several weeks at Camelback bootcamp and Camelus Dromedarius will be your senior drill instructor where you'll train hard for 18 hours a day where you'll live, breathe and sleep the Camelback way of life. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Camelback, the #1 rated ski resort in Pennsylvania, is in the news. This is grate!!!

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/monroe-county/preparing-for-ski-season-in-the-poconos-camelback-shawnee-mountain-skiing-resort-hiring/523-82c85214-2679-441c-acf4-06f5cdc9462f

For anyone who has read the article and just can't get enough Camelback news, I'll provide some commentary:

The Camelback official social media manager reports that once Camelbeach (best beach in the world) closes after beaching season, the magical work commences to transform the mountain into a truly magnificant winter wonderland rivaling only the Matterhorn.  There are some exciting things happening at Camelback this upcoming ski season for all you PASRs who are counting down the days to hit all of that 800 foot vertical drop spread over a jaw dropping 166 acres of skiable terrain. The Nile Mile, the lengthiest of trails in all of Camelback, has been automated which is rad. That's a yuge upgrade to the mountain, big league. Camelback is getting a new snow groomer in to lay down perfectly parallel corduroy lines which will make Marjorie's Delight the same as a western groomer, thereby making it entirely unnecessarily for western skiing. And to top it all off, a brand-new chair lift is coming known as the Black Bear 6, which is fitting because black bears are predominately found in the Tetons and Camelback now offers the same skiing experience as Jackson Hole, without the drive. But to ensure this ski season is smooth, Camelback needs YOU!

526226661_NewBitmapImage.jpg.d46da8db68a130ea58d3839ee35a3501.jpg

Enlist today and join the Camelback mountain ranger army to ski and snowboard at your favorite mountain for free! The best part is, you may not even have to pay the parking scam! Camelback is an amazing place to work for. After enlistment, you'll spend several weeks at Camelback bootcamp and Camelus Dromedarius will be your senior drill instructor where you'll train hard for 18 hours a day where you'll live, breathe and sleep the Camelback way of life. 

Salty I’m sure you’ll take advantage of the 25% off discount at camelback this season. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty I’m sure you’ll take advantage of the 25% off discount at camelback this season. 

Definitely, and really thinking this article will totally convince @ridge that Camelback is rad so he'll go there many times with his 25% discount and we can carpool and save lots of money on parking. This will be grate

Edited by saltyant