Camelback is the 8th Best Ski Resort in the U.S. & Canada

trackbiker

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Fortunately reading Saltys stupid ass post did have some benefit. I noticed that the wnep card is out. Unfortunately it's complete trash this year.

https://wnep.halfoffdeal.com/index.php?index_type=promo-detail&h=4419085

71% off lol montage might be the only half decent place on it….

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant

shots fired!!!

Blue gets more natural snow than Camelback, despite being more southerly and lower elevation, due to lake effect snow from Beltzville Lake. It's not fair to criticize Camelback because they don't get natural lake effect snow from Beltzville Lake. And Camelback has snowtubing open this weekend which is so rad!!!

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Blue gets more natural snow than Camelback, despite being more southerly and lower elevation, due to lake effect snow from Beltzville Lake. It's not fair to criticize Camelback because they don't get natural lake effect snow from Beltzville Lake. And Camelback has snowtubing open this weekend which is so rad!!!

I’m gonna say you’re wrong. Camelback receives more natural snowfall for two reasons and these two reasons only.  Camelback is farther north and it’s at a higher elevation.  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m gonna say you’re wrong. Camelback receives more natural snowfall for two reasons and these two reasons only.  Camelback is farther north and it’s at a higher elevation.  

Also, don't discount the wave pool effect snow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There was also a ski area operating on Camelback Mountain before the extant Camelback was opened in the 60s. Big Pocono Ski area opened for the 1950/51 season and closed in 1955 before ski operations moved slightly west down the mountain and the ski area's investors opened the current Camelback. The old pickup truck used to power the original rope tow is still in the woods off Nile Mile. 

I know they're not counting that in the date but you gave me an opening to talk about ski area history.

Edited by EdBacon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2