12/3-12/5 weekend roll call thread.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

I wish they'd charge $200/ticket to keep poors like Ski2Live away from Blue for good.

Not real likely I will hit Blue this year with both Epic and Indy passes. Expect I will use Indy with kids at either Shawnee or Montage Sunday for my day 2.

Taking the following weekend off skiing to go to NOLA with Joy then likely start up skiing again somewhere on Epic Dec 15-16 and on Indy Dec 18-19

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not real likely I will hit Blue this year with both Epic and Indy passes. Expect I will use Indy with kids at either Shawnee or Montage Sunday for my day 2.

Taking the following weekend off skiing to go to NOLA with Joy then likely start up skiing again somewhere on Epic Dec 15-16 and on Indy Dec 18-19

I hope you two collect slot of beads in NOLA...

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sorry if this was mentioned but what's the deal with passes.  Do I need to go to the window? Trying to be proactive this year lol.

current pass is supposed to work. check that your waiver is signed but i dont think you need to do anything else.

shopskibluemt.com, log in and go to acct, click waivers on left. if there's nothing in unsigned waivers (default view) you should be good.

Edited by Benm
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sorry if this was mentioned but what's the deal with passes.  Do I need to go to the window? Trying to be proactive this year lol.

I’ve been known to get there early and go to the window to check.  

17 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

Friday RAW, not sure after that. Weather seems better for biking than skiing...

anyone up for a night gravel ride tonight @AtomicSkier @mute1080 @toast21602 ?

This time of the semester is super busy for me so I can’t tonight, but you’re right about biking weather 😩

Friday RAW, not sure after that. Weather seems better for biking than skiing...
anyone up for a night gravel ride tonight [mention=2]AtomicSkier[/mention] [mention=13078]mute1080[/mention] [mention=511]toast21602[/mention] ?

Interested but depends on time. My new 1200 lumens bike light arrived yesterday so I’m trying to test it out[emoji363]
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I’ve been known to get there early and go to the window to check.  

I tried that and they told me i had to wait until the lifts started.  I wasnt shocked by them telling me that, knowing that you have done that.  the one hand never knows what the other is doing.......

So if they open with only the top lodge, you ski down and your pass doesn't work, do they want you to walk back up? Can't you scan it to verify it at the kiosks? 

Yell to open the gate up and you’ll go to the ticket office to get it checked. Usually good for two laps plus a bonus lap if they switch employees
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yee Hah, get your ski legs on!  

I always find my ski legs work much better at the bar afterwards than on the WROD the first day out. 

Kinda like a fish story. A fisherman catches a four inch minnow at his secret fishin' hole. The fisherman is packing it in for the day and he sees a fellow fisherman and tells his story but the four inch minnow is now an eight inch trout.  By the time the fisherman is at the bar he caught a state record fish!

My opening day ski story -- how was your first day out this season? -- has worked like that ... for the last 40 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3