12/16...nice spring snow.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot at 830 and it was in the upper 40s under mostly cloudy sky’s.  In the house were mute, Ryan, atomic jeff, Johnny Law, Slim, Gary and Bethlehem ford guy.  

The snow was hero snow, my favorite kind of spring snow..soft and fast..pretty smooth for the first hour and got a little choppier the last run or two.  Midway is thinner than I’ve seen..pretty brown and pebbles. They should make it until the cold arrives Sunday night but it’s gonna be rough.  

I then had a beer in the lot and enjoyed the warm breeze for about an hour.  I might be out tomorrow AM or in the rain Saturday but likely not until Sunday AM...JADIP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's currently 63 degrees at my house so with that it mind it's actually remarkable. Soft and fast and not too uneven. Super perfect way to spend a morning.

Just saw their ig post, makes total sense but fuuuuuck what the hell am I going to do this weekend ? Christmas stuff with the fam ? I'm amazed they are projecting 22 trails by the 26th but I'm down for Kool-aid drinking. 

Needless to say I'll be up tomorrow am

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It's currently 63 degrees at my house so with that it mind it's actually remarkable. Soft and fast and not too uneven. Super perfect way to spend a morning.

Just saw their ig post, makes total sense but fuuuuuck what the hell am I going to do this weekend ? Christmas stuff with the fam ? I'm amazed they are projecting 22 trails by the 26th but I'm down for Kool-aid drinking. 

Damn. That might just change my plans tomorrow morning. See you there! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Well some of those 22 trails include homestretch, the falls, crossover, x-ing, connector, shuttle and maybe even Skytop.  Upper main plus Barney’s bumps would be sickbird.  

• Like 1

What an absolutely pleasant evening at the only ski area that was open at 736 last Sunday evening. I love spring snow so the snow is easily the best I've skied all year. Midway isn't too terrible. I thought it would be worse. Lower main still has goodcoverage and it's fairly flat so I can cruise down to the bottom. Same with Vista. I haven't skied come around yet tonight but here's your obligatory early season come around picture. Nice evening on Mont. Blu. Shame about the shit weather

IMG_20211216_180740.jpg

IMG_20211216_180549.jpg

IMG_20211216_180533.jpg

• Like 6