Future Plans for Blue?

toast21602

As we anxiously wait for the snow guns to start firing again to refresh our beloved Blue Mountain, here are some images that I stumbled upon while organizing some photos on my computer. Lots of rumors circulating right now about the future plans that Blue has with the new KSL ownership group, but here are some images of what has been planned for Blue in the past. Everything from "Summit Splash" waterpark, to the infamous Vista Lodge Residence Club, and master plans for site development. We know almost all of these plans have been squashed, but it will still be interesting to see what happens over the next few years. Ski you all in a few days!

vote-set-on-ski-in-ski-out-lodge-planned-for-blue-mountain-34e247e6ae19cfec.jpeg

IMG_6915.JPG

G7RPSMRTMBGINBYV7ERVG42V34.jpg

IMG_9907.JPG

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Doesn’t Barb still own the mountain and they simply bought/lease the management rights?

That's my impression but I have zero idea as to what the truth is. 

I sort of wish they'd put some kind of ice skating rink in. I can't see it costing much, minus a zamboni. 

• Like 1

I don’t remember ever seeing that 2nd photo with the major trail expansion. There’s already bike trails over there, and that part of the ridge is super gnar rocky. Would take a lot more snow to get that open than what’s currently in existence unless there was a large scale rock removal effort. This pitch is good for some more interesting terrain though; more/better glades would be nice. Maybe a more advanced area a la east mountain at frost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why didn’t they build the water park?  I know they even hired Searfess construction who was in charge of the summit lodge expansion for the project.  They did clear out some trees and put in some parking for the water park.  A shame the watermark was never built.  Riding water slides was always something I was pretty good at. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

That's my impression but I have zero idea as to what the truth is. 

I sort of wish they'd put some kind of ice skating rink in. I can't see it costing much, minus a zamboni. 

Jackson hole has two free ice skating rinks.  One in the town square and one at the base of the ski area.  

55 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Honestly I could get down with summit splash. If they did a family season pass of some sort I can't see how I wouldn't be all over it. I definitely want SS to happen 

I love a good waterpark. I hope when they get around to putting one in it’s a new design though. That particular design doesn’t look very good in 2022.

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why didn’t they build the water park?  I know they even hired Searfess construction who was in charge of the summit lodge expansion for the project.  They did clear out some trees and put in some parking for the water park.  A shame the watermark was never built.  Riding water slides was always something I was pretty good at. 

You’re good at gravity?

• Confused 1

I can definitely see them adding a hotel like the first picture. Very nice and realistic rendering btw. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

I can't see it costing much, minus a zamboni. 

I used to work at a hockey store that had a mini ice rink attached to it. Learned how to drive the Zamboni and the owner would let me use the ice after hours as long as I cut the ice when I was done. Miss those days…

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I can definitely see them adding a hotel like the first picture. Very nice and realistic rendering btw. 

I used to work at a hockey store that had a mini ice rink attached to it. Learned how to drive the Zamboni and the owner would let me use the ice after hours as long as I cut the ice when I was done. Miss those days…

That sounds incredible. 

3 hours ago, antman12 said:

Hatfield?

I never realized how huge hockey is in PA until I joined PASR.  At least five hockey players on this page.  Nick Malozzi, MBike, TP4, Kyle and Antman. I just did roller hockey as a kid.  Never had the option to play ice hockey. I played intramural broom ball in college. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich