Future Plans for Blue?

toast21602

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe Blues water park can have a Florida theme..you can buy alligator at the allentown farmers market. 

Or just catch one in the Lehigh river....

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/lehighvalley/captured-on-camera-3-foot-alligator-found-in-lehigh-river/article_f806ff10-56de-11ec-ba32-f77824fc4a54.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

How long before we see a setup like this on Vista in the green season? lol

https://www.camelbackresort.com/mountain-adventures/sunbowl-tubing/

CBK_Inntopia-Product_Summer-Tubing.jpg.e3eb6e805bad3093e04547fbb255af2c.jpg

I realize that's unlikely due to the wedding business, as well as all the foot traffic across that slope for the ropes courses, laser tag, archery and disc golf. It does make me wonder how many additional ancillaries we're going to see at Blue under new management though.

2 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

How long before we see a setup like this on Vista in the green season? lol

https://www.camelbackresort.com/mountain-adventures/sunbowl-tubing/

CBK_Inntopia-Product_Summer-Tubing.jpg.e3eb6e805bad3093e04547fbb255af2c.jpg

I realize that's unlikely due to the wedding business, as well as all the foot traffic across that slope for the ropes courses, laser tag, archery and disc golf. It does make me wonder how many additional ancillaries we're going to see at Blue under new management though.

Wouldn't be surprised. They could put it on that learning hill with the magic carpets up top or just utilize the tubing area that they already have at the base.

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Wouldn't be surprised. They could put it on that learning hill with the magic carpets up top or just utilize the tubing area that they already have at the base.

I thought about the tubing area. I wonder if they need a bit more pitch than a typical tubing area? I wonder why Camel sets them up on Sunbowl instead of their own tubing area. 

2 hours ago, Schif said:

Adding slides like that might take away from Action Archery though. 

Seriously I need to know how many people do that. 

16 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Will it take away from it or add more targets?

I would definitely do it one time. I have a feeling it wouldn't be as fun as it should be, but would not mind the opportunity to shoot a bow and arrow directly at people

5 hours ago, Benm said:

has anyone done disc golf at blue? 

thinking about picking up a new hobby over summer

I would not recommend learning disc golf at Blue Mountain as even experienced players can get frustrated with searching and losing discs in the ' rough'.  The course is not well maintained.  As you get improve there are some thrilling downhill shots, but the risk reward is high.

There are bunch of nicer and also more beginner friendly courses in the LV area.  The LV/Philly/Poconos is loaded with courses.

Use the UDisc app to search and find courses.

I highly recommend learning...trying.. DG has been my addiction longer than snowboarding.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

I would not recommend learning disc golf at Blue Mountain as even experienced players can get frustrated with searching and losing discs in the ' rough'.  The course is not well maintained.  As you get improve there are some thrilling downhill shots, but the risk reward is high.

There are bunch of nicer and also more beginner friendly courses in the LV area.  The LV/Philly/Poconos is loaded with courses.

Use the UDisc app to search and find courses.

I highly recommend learning...trying.. DG has been my addiction longer than snowboarding.

Do people still call it Folf?  Frisbee golf is also usually free. 

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do people still call it Folf?  Frisbee golf is also usually free. 

To be honest most people who are serious disc golfers look down on the terms 'frolf or Frisbee golf'.. but can easily be used in conversation with newbs.

There is a growing number of pay-to-play courses(typically ~$5), but yeah you can always find free courses in public town/state parks.

2 hours ago, pcklein31 said:

thats good info thanks

• 7 months later...