Future Plans for Blue?

toast21602

40 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I don't think blue would technically fall under the "Independent" category anymore.

As far as I can tell the only unifying feature is it being all places not on Ikon or Epic. Several are co-owned with other areas (at least Catamount, Berkshire East, Jay)

Realistically I think it will be one of the 3 places on WNEP card that are not yet Indy (it has 3 Indy and 3 non Indy places)

So Tussey, Saw Mill or Big Bear.

Big Bear is only one I might ever hit of those. Have been there 3-4 times, but that was when kids were less advanced.

15 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Realistically I think it will be one of the 3 places on WNEP card that are not yet Indy (it has 3 Indy and 3 non Indy places)

So Tussey, Saw Mill or Big Bear.

Big Bear is only one I might ever hit of those. Have been there 3-4 times, but that was when kids were less advanced.

Are your kids better than you at skiing yet?  Also are they taller than you?  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are your kids better than you at skiing yet?  Also are they taller than you?  

Does not look like they will ever reach my height.

More hopeful on them getting to be better skiers than me one day, but they will need to get braver to do so - or wait for my ability to decline with age.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having extra guns is probably more a hedge against a season like we just had with warm temps all year than anything else. More firepower to use during small cold windows. 

Fan guns because they can use them without upgrading any compressors. 

Edited by Schif
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

26 fan new fan guns is a lot. I wonder where they will be putting them? I didn't really see anything about that. Love to see them investing in the place!

There was a post late season about them getting 20% newer fan guns and being able to open 50% of the terrain 75% faster.  it was really kind of a funny post, mathmatecally it made no sense, and there was a post on here about it.  it was like they got a math lesson from JFBB.  

Long story short, they made it sound like they were putting them on trails that are marked for early season.  Early season is now a little different without the doubles, so, some on Homie stretch? Connector?  Or they could all end up on Razors.  

• Like 1

After going up to Cameltoe on the alien pass and seeing all their new guns/heads, I would have thought Blue would have gone the route of replacing the existing manual guns with automated ones instead of just getting fewer, far more expensive fan guns.  They make great snow, just not a lot of it in comparison to the stick guns.

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

There was a post late season about them getting 20% newer fan guns and being able to open 50% of the terrain 75% faster.  it was really kind of a funny post, mathmatecally it made no sense, and there was a post on here about it.  it was like they got a math lesson from JFBB.  

Long story short, they made it sound like they were putting them on trails that are marked for early season.  Early season is now a little different without the doubles, so, some on Homie stretch? Connector?  Or they could all end up on Razors.  

15 on razors and the remaining 11 on tubing 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

26 fan new fan guns is a lot. I wonder where they will be putting them? I didn't really see anything about that. Love to see them investing in the place!

48 minutes ago, Kyle said:

15 on razors and the remaining 11 on tubing 

Accurate. Here they are burying the new water line right now:

image.thumb.png.d1bb02afe6c8c37d2099dcaaa9ac8f57.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/17/2023 at 1:06 PM, enjoralas said:

Also construction of the chair storage rail is coming along

Also doing some work apparently on the actual lift house. Caught the crane replaceing a roof panel. Maybe they needed to take panels out to integrate the storage rail. 

image.png.6edadcd5be62613140dd996a1ea9146e.png

47 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Also doing some work apparently on the actual lift house. Caught the crane replaceing a roof panel. Maybe they needed to take panels out to integrate the storage rail. 

image.png.6edadcd5be62613140dd996a1ea9146e.png

One of the cemeteries I’m in has a lot of camaras. I wonder if they’ve caught me picking my wedgie