12/22/2021

eaf

I had planned to write a report, but my ADHD kicked in and got distracted.

Went to put a letter in the mailbox prior to departure, only to find the mailbox door frozen shut.
I immediately thought back to the WFMZ alert I received earlier about possibly icy road conditions, so I knew I had better drive carefully.
It's good I did because I soon realized there was black ice around, which probably attributed to the 3 wrecks I passed by on the way to Blue.

With the cold temps, I was expecting some chalky cord, only to find solid frozen cord that was quickly scraped off to fairly solid ice, that persisted until I left around 11.
Unless you had some solid edges, you weren't carving a turn on that surface.
However, after the sun came over the @RidgeRacer, lower Midway did start to soften, so later conditions may have been better.  Unfortunately there would be no 3D surface.

Due to the freezing fog that settled on the chair lift supports, wheels and cable, everyone was provided a Blue Mountain polka-dot bling to their outfit.

As mentioned in another post, we found it strange that they blew all over the mountain, but gave absolutely no love to Tut's??
If they plan to open the valley up, they're gonna have to hit Tut's hard last night and hopefully get a little more chance tonight, we'll see.
I suspect that Tut's is just going to be a WROD perhaps, just to get people back to the summit area.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

I had planned to write a report, but my ADHD kicked in and got distracted.

Went to put a letter in the mailbox prior to departure, only to find the mailbox door frozen shut.
I immediately thought back to the WFMZ alert I received earlier about possibly icy road conditions, so I knew I had better drive carefully.
It's good I did because I soon realized there was black ice around, which probably attributed to the 3 wrecks I passed by on the way to Blue.

With the cold temps, I was expecting some chalky cord, only to find solid frozen cord that was quickly scraped off to fairly solid ice, that persisted until I left around 11.
Unless you had some solid edges, you weren't carving a turn on that surface.
However, after the sun came over the @RidgeRacer, lower Midway did start to soften, so later conditions may have been better.  Unfortunately there would be no 3D surface.

Due to the freezing fog that settled on the chair lift supports, wheels and cable, everyone was provided a Blue Mountain polka-dot bling to their outfit.

As mentioned in another post, we found it strange that they blew all over the mountain, but gave absolutely no love to Tut's??
If they plan to open the valley up, they're gonna have to hit Tut's hard last night and hopefully get a little more chance tonight, we'll see.
I suspect that Tut's is just going to be a WROD perhaps, just to get people back to the summit area.

It’s funny how grate conditions for Eaf weren’t for everybody. Thanks for the report. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s funny how grate conditions for Eaf weren’t for everybody. Thanks for the report. 

That's what happens when someone takes a vacation from skiing and reporting!

Nah, there wasn't any real ice on the slopes.