Bear Creek 21/22 Season

antman12

9 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Did you do Slide The Slopes this past Summer ? https://www.bcmountainresort.com/play/camps-and-activities/slide-the-slopes/

I got out one day with my son ,we had a blast but the lines were very really long . 

Both my brother and his family and my sister and her family did it and had a blast too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

This looks like fun. Was it a huge inflatable water slide? How far up the mountain was it go, and did they have more than one? 

I rode on 2 I don’t remember if there was another. Short with respect to the mountain. They had offsets to control speed . Water would backup in the offsets and act like a brake but if you didn’t pull up on your tube when you hit those you would loose momentum and have to get off and run to get going again.
That’s what caused the long lines. I would do it again but not on a weekend. 

20688B48-20E0-45D4-9341-AC3BBDE6C62A.jpeg

I might go up a night this weekend seeing as they plan on being mostly open by then

Even though they are not very large, it is impressive since most places might still be around 50% open or less this weekend

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abe said:

I might go up a night this weekend seeing as they plan on being mostly open by then

Even though they are not very large, it is impressive since most places might still be around 50% open or less this weekend

What Blue has open now is more terrain than all of bear creek.  

True but Bear Creek is less than half the driving and ticket price as Blue for me although night rates for Blue not looking too bad at all compared to the day ticket surge prices

I need to ski Bear Creek first so I can truly appreciate the epicness of Blue when I am there! (Also my downhill skis are in the shop so I would not be able to rip those hot Blue blue laps as I will be limited to tele)

Edited by abe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, abe said:

True but Bear Creek is less than half the driving and ticket price as Blue for me although night rates for Blue not looking too bad at all compared to the day ticket surge prices

I need to ski Bear Creek first so I can truly appreciate the epicness of Blue when I am there! (Also my downhill skis are in the shop so I would not be able to rip those hot Blue blue laps as I will be limited to tele)

GSS just likes to shit on Bear creek any chance he gets, if you’re limited to tele BC would be the place to go, especially if you’re looking midweek as the place is usually empty. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, abe said:

Step one: retrieve skis

step two: go to blue 

8 hours ago, abe said:

The other day while getting my pass I remember looking at the ticket board and thinking "Prices really arent that bad"..

image.png.c0a2b05d51fbbc7ea675682fcf428d32.png

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

They absolutely pounded this place with snow. Night and day difference from last time. 

Are they still using a chiller to cool the water before it goes into the distribution pipes? I remember an article somewhere that the system cools the water to 39f . 

I’ve seen some pretty impressive snowmaking efforts  over the years. 
Their  ponds are sizable as well. 

Edited by AirheadD8

34 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Are they still using a chiller to cool the water before it goes into the distribution pipes? I remember an article somewhere that the system cools the water to 39f . 

The infamous chiller! 

Fun RAW session.  Only B lift was running so lines were pretty long. 7-10 minute waits as a single, maybe longer at one point. Trails were empty though with pretty good conditions. Scrapped off in a couple areas that you’d expect but nothing to complain about. 

14 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Not sure. Ill look around once the open the F Lift since you can see their ponds and other stuff on that side of the mountain.

I just did some google searches but couldn't find much except a couple softball interviews with the snowmakers from 17' and 18'.

image.thumb.png.f3177064b4d378d6511c13e17e2c637f.png