Bear Creek 21/22 Season

antman12

Pulled into the lot at 8:45 and the hill looked great. Caught first chair at B lift and the conditions couldn't have been nicer. Smooth cord, powder on the sides. After 4 or 5 runs on Kodiak and Black Bear moved over to F chair. Grizzly was absolutely fine regardless of the line, left, center or right. Timberline and Extreme were not open, Sasquatch not open but all expected open tomorrow. The new RFID system worked great. All in all  JADIP.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mgguy said:

Pulled into the lot at 8:45 and the hill looked great. Caught first chair at B lift and the conditions couldn't have been nicer. Smooth cord, powder on the sides. After 4 or 5 runs on Kodiak and Black Bear moved over to F chair. Grizzly was absolutely fine regardless of the line, left, center or right. Timberline and Extreme were not open, Sasquatch not open but all expected open tomorrow. The new RFID system worked great. All in all  JADIP.

Nice. I had to work but was gonna head up around 230…check the webcam and decided to pass looking at the lines. 

Should be heading up first thing tomorrow morning. 

2 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’ll have to do a night session or 2 there this year. Went last year and had a good time. I learned how to ski there, it’s a great hill for that. I always recommend it to folks learning or if they are skiing with small children. 

Was that when it was Doe mountain?  My friends neighbor was a ski patroller at Doe mountain and we went night skiing there in 1995.  My only time there but I want to see what the fancy lodge is all about.  I just looked it up.  The hotel house is 11.8 miles away. 

So today was the first time I’ve ever been to Bear for opening and they do it a little weird. They don’t allow anybody onto the snow till rope drop so the courtyard between the lodge and snow is PACKED. 

PHENOMENAL conditions this morning. Perfect sparkling cord that crunched beautifully under your board ripple by ripple, carve by carve as you plunged down Cascade with not a jerry in sight. The type of snow that would make a puppy pull a freight train. (this was my poor attempt to describe conditions like @Johnny Law)

The snow held up great for the 2.5 hours we were there. Sub 3 minute lift lines for the first hour then gradually grew to 5-7 minutes. by 1030 lines were getting longer so my cousin and I went over to F lift and checked that side out for a couple runs. 22 degree but the sun was blasting so it was nice and comfortable…perfect weather.

Just messing around, can’t wait to film some actual stuff in the coming weeks.

A79ACC8B-9CF6-4933-96A5-CB189F3C05A1.gif.834c3a699c54236105b7c29b41f60204.gif

• Like 8

Rolled into the lot at 8:30 this morning; steady line and the parking lot was filled at level it is normally at close to 10. Everyone out for the new snow. Antman's description was dead on. I skied F chair until 10:30, Grizzly was sweet again, Broadway really held up well and Polar Bear was very nice. Then went to B and skied Kodiak and Black Bear. Black Bear snow was some of the nicest of the day.

Yes, no one allowed on snow until rope drop, but this morning was unusually crowded at that time so plaza was crowded. Best bet in that case is go to E, then to F from there. JADIP

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, antman12 said:

So today was the first time I’ve ever been to Bear for opening and they do it a little weird. They don’t allow anybody onto the snow till rope drop so the courtyard between the lodge and snow is PACKED. 

PHENOMENAL conditions this morning. Perfect sparkling cord that crunched beautifully under your board ripple by ripple, carve by carve as you plunged down Cascade with not a jerry in sight. The type of snow that would make a puppy pull a freight train. (this was my poor attempt to describe conditions like @Johnny Law)

The snow held up great for the 2.5 hours we were there. Sub 3 minute lift lines for the first hour then gradually grew to 5-7 minutes. by 1030 lines were getting longer so my cousin and I went over to F lift and checked that side out for a couple runs. 22 degree but the sun was blasting so it was nice and comfortable…perfect weather.

Just messing around, can’t wait to film some actual stuff in the coming weeks.

A79ACC8B-9CF6-4933-96A5-CB189F3C05A1.gif.834c3a699c54236105b7c29b41f60204.gif

How awesome would it be if blue did the same thing for opening?  Imagine PASR’s going full Usian Bolt from the pavement to the 6 pack

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

Apparently they had issues last year and the year before with guests meandering about the snow well before the lifts open while they’re trying to return with the cats/ski patrol using the snowmobiles to move fencing etc etc up to the top of the mountain. I hear that from a friend who patrolled there up until this year, so take it for what it’s worth, but it would make sense. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

Before Bear Creek there was this...

i wish i could remember it better. the only recollection i have was the boot up area up the stairs that smelled like shit and eating PB&Js in the learning shack for lunch.

...and struggling with the t-bar.

• Like 3

Fun, quick RAW session tonight. Phenomenal snow, no scraped off spots at all. Busier than I would have expected tbh. But, they had somebody up by the front of the lift line organizing chairs, stuffing 3 and 4 people on almost every chair up.

Did 4 solo runs before meeting up with a coworker for another 2 runs before he had to go teach a lesson. Then I headed over to the other side of the mountain for a couple more which included an open timberline. Was nice riding with my coworker for the first time and I’m sure we’ll ride together many more times. 

Oh yea, Ole Sassys open…I repeat Sassys open!! Pretty sure they’re 100% open at this point and will be building Cascade Park tonight. LFG!

DADD422A-0E55-4144-91AE-5B4A11BBD9C5.thumb.jpeg.d2f5d4b25635ed4c351709e83f1e150e.jpeg

Edited by antman12
  • Like 8

Rode Friday night and Sunday morning.

Friday night sucked... After a beautiful warm day up there it froze over and was sh*t by the time I got there at 530, mixed with long lines and I bounced quickly. I can do bad conditions and no crowds, I can do good conditions and crowds.....but bad conditions and crowds.......im out.

Sunday morning was very nice. Rode from 9-11, bluebird day and fantastic conditions. Little crowded but that was to be expected.

The new Cascade build is pretty nice along with the new setup on lower blackbear. Looking forward to getting out a couple times this week.

• Like 5