Bear Creek 21/22 Season

antman12

8 minutes ago, Justin said:

Was also up yesterday...wtf was going on with all the kids? I think I watched at least 3 kids die in the park, one of which took a slam to the neck/head after sending the jump full speed, doing a half backflip and completely overshooting the landing. Stood there at the drop in with his dad (on rentals), as he laughed...and WE went to check on him. Glad to see BC hasn't changed one bit.

Hands down, best day of the year though (even better than 1/31). Sun, smooth snow, bumps were primo. 11/10 on the JADIP scale. Skied from noon-4, it's rare I stay out that long, so you know it was good.

Tuesday night has been a big school trip night there for the last few years. 

i have a friend who skis park and did ski patrol there up until last year, I’ll never forget the time he told a dad and young kid (like 5 years old) the park isn’t the best place to bring a kid on a ski leash and the dad turned around and told him to go fuck himself. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Tuesday night has been a big school trip night there for the last few years. 

i have a friend who skis park and did ski patrol there up until last year, I’ll never forget the time he told a dad and young kid (like 5 years old) the park isn’t the best place to bring a kid on a ski leash and the dad turned around and told him to go fuck himself. 

Hah that sounds about right. BC is definitely the home of the tough guy gaper. Good to know about tuesdays though. Probably just avoid it from here on out, I almost landed on several demon children.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Hah that sounds about right. BC is definitely the home of the tough guy gaper. Good to know about tuesdays though. Probably just avoid it from here on out, I almost landed on several demon children.

If you’re there on a Tuesday night during NASTAR it gets pretty entertaining watching the race team kids fly through the park at Mach Jesus hitting knuckles of the jumps and getting sent into orbit. Usually happens right around 830pm 

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2022 at 11:09 AM, Justin said:

Was also up yesterday...wtf was going on with all the kids? I think I watched at least 3 kids die in the park, one of which took a slam to the neck/head after sending the jump full speed, doing a half backflip and completely overshooting the landing. Stood there at the drop in with his dad (on rentals), as he laughed...and WE went to check on him. Glad to see BC hasn't changed one bit.

Hands down, best day of the year though (even better than 1/31). Sun, smooth snow, bumps were primo. 11/10 on the JADIP scale. Skied from noon-4, it's rare I stay out that long, so you know it was good.

I was skiing with you! I read your post, and I was like, thats super weird that someone is commenting on the same crash I saw. It was a fun day.

Now here's to hoping Bear builds some jumps.

Another fun but uneventful night tonight. 

Met my cousin in the lot and 445, then met up with my coworker for our first 4 runs down cascade. Coworker went to teach lessons and my cousin and I went over to F lift for 5 or 6 runs. 

Not the greatest conditions on Cascade/Blackbear so I kept it low key in the park. No reason to risk it. F lift side was a little better plus shorter lift lines so we stayed over there for a bit longer than normal. 

See below @toast21602 @AtomicSkier @Dirtwolf @mbike-ski @Johnny Law @Mixilplix @PSUFly (I forget who’s all coming)

2A4C252A-A160-4FA9-BBEB-AE9E8115E815.thumb.jpeg.bd8760490735729513813b057443fcc4.jpeg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, antman12 said:

Met my cousin in the lot and 445, then met up with my coworker for our first 4 runs down cascade. Coworker went to teach lessons and my cousin and I went over to F lift for 5 or 6 runs. 

Not the greatest conditions on Cascade/Blackbear so I kept it low key in the park. No reason to risk it. F lift side was a little better plus shorter lift lines so we stayed over there for a bit longer than normal. 

See below @toast21602 @AtomicSkier @Dirtwolf @mbike-ski @Johnny Law @Mixilplix @PSUFly (I forget who’s all coming)

2A4C252A-A160-4FA9-BBEB-AE9E8115E815.thumb.jpeg.bd8760490735729513813b057443fcc4.jpeg

Uneventful in snow sports is a good thing

Bear has such a nice setup even the nastar flag is fancy

• Like 3

Rolled in at 8:30 this morning with the wife. Snow was great today overall. Kodiak was usual groomed carpet to start. Noticed all the features out of Black Bear, just a few nice side to side humps across the bottom, hips, volcano, and snow features still there. Maybe getting ready for a new rebuild? Cascade still has all features. Timberline was ROTD with nice soft powdery snow, Grizzly was a bit skied off, the wife hit Extreme and Sasquatch multiple runs and loved them. Broadway was nice soft snow top to bottom, Polar Bear was usual niceness. JADIP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, mgguy said:

Rolled in at 8:30 this morning with the wife. Snow was great today overall. Kodiak was usual groomed carpet to start. Noticed all the features out of Black Bear, just a few nice side to side humps across the bottom, hips, volcano, and snow features still there. Maybe getting ready for a new rebuild? Cascade still has all features. Timberline was ROTD with nice soft powdery snow, Grizzly was a bit skied off, the wife hit Extreme and Sasquatch multiple runs and loved them. Broadway was nice soft snow top to bottom, Polar Bear was usual niceness. JADIP

Correct, Black Bear is getting rebuilt tonight.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:32 PM, antman12 said:

Tomorrow’s weather should be nice in the evening! @mbike-ski @AtomicSkier @Mixilplix @antman12 @Dirtwolf @Johnny Law @anybodyelsewhoiscoming

• Like 2

Rolled in at 8:30 to nice cold clear day. Day got off to a bad start- an older patroller went down in the lift area and CPR and a lot of scrambling went on. Prayers for him! Opened a few minutes late as a result. The snow today was phenomenal; 180 degree difference from yesterday. All of the death cookies and ice of yesterday were gone and every trail was in top shape. Timberline, Polar Bear, Broadway all smooth. Grizzly still has the bumps on one side but the other side had some nice powder to turn on. Extreme was also about as nice has it has been. ROTD was Sasquatch. The wife and I hit it at least a half dozen times and the left side was particularly sweet. Left after 1 so all in all JADIP.

• Like 4
  • Love 1