Bear Creek 21/22 Season

antman12

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

March 20th is not bad for Bear... I wonder how long other places will hold on.

Not bad at all. The beginning of the season was very rough so im happy with them staying open till the 20th, considering the lack of snow and subpar temps all season.

10 day outlook is calling for showers on the 19th and 20th. so well see.

Lipstick on a pig....

Fantastic morning. Slight chill in the air but the sun helped that out. Great snow with average lift lines. To my surprise they blew snow last night but with multiple 60+ days and some rain mixed in its nothing but lipstick on a pig.

Skiing today was very nice, ROTD was Grizzly; absolutely fine and whether you went from it to Broadway or past Extreme it was sweet. Very pleasant surprise to see fresh blowing on the new snow- it was not sticky at all. Fluffy in many places. I skied until 11 and everything was still real nice. Hoping we can make it through the week.... maybe hit Elk or Blue tomorrow. Counting down the days......

• Like 2

Semi trail report 3-18- fog all the way from Fleetwood until just before the Creek, magically cleared and no fog on the mountain. I didn't ski (really don't like spring conditions!) but the wife, kids and grand kids loved the day. First runs were reported as very nice spring/sugary conditions on the F chair side. They all skied until around 2:30 or so. Parks were nice per my son in law and everyone coming through B chair. Lots of hooting and hollering, lack of shirts and a general good time by all. Everything except Sasquatch open. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can safely report that the 2 small snow patches are gone! Hiked 4 miles around the resort today. Trails in great condition. Chairs being pulled off of the cable and prepped for next season.  Did the edges on the skis and did summer wax on them. Ready to go for next season, just need to scrape them down and go! When do we begin the countdown to skison 2022-23?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mgguy said:

I can safely report that the 2 small snow patches are gone! Hiked 4 miles around the resort today. Trails in great condition. Chairs being pulled off of the cable and prepped for next season.  Did the edges on the skis and did summer wax on them. Ready to go for next season, just need to scrape them down and go! When do we begin the countdown to skison 2022-23?

Big Snow opening in two weeks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's on my radar when I go see the Patriots vs Jets in October...a little post game skiing. Hopefully celebrating a W

That’s an awesome day.   Ive rode camelback and drove straight to Eagles/jets in Philly, also rode blue and went to Eagles/bears that night 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Rolled into the lot at 9:25 this morning for the 10th hike of the season. Blue sky, not humid yet, mild breeze. Hiked the #1 trail to the top, then 4, 5, 1, 6 and 1. No bugs, nice breeze through most of the hike. 3 1/2 miles, a little bit of mud from the rain. Trails all nicely open with no overgrowth or downed trees. Finished with lunch and beers at Trails End. All in all, JADIP.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, mgguy said:

Rolled into the lot at 9:25 this morning for the 10th hike of the season. Blue sky, not humid yet, mild breeze. Hiked the #1 trail to the top, then 4, 5, 1, 6 and 1. No bugs, nice breeze through most of the hike. 3 1/2 miles, a little bit of mud from the rain. Trails all nicely open with no overgrowth or downed trees. Finished with lunch and beers at Trails End. All in all, JADIP.

Does bear creek allow the general public to hike their trails?  I might check it out sometime.  It’s been since 1995 since I’ve been there 

Yes, but you need a Mountain Activity Pass, free to season pass holders, a charge otherwise for the pass. Allows hiking, disc golf. Not sure of cost, on the website. Can get it at the Mountain Activity Center (the ski shop). The pool is available to the public on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at Trails End for free. The concerts are open to the public (Music Under the Stars).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mgguy said:

Yes, but you need a Mountain Activity Pass, free to season pass holders, a charge otherwise for the pass. Allows hiking, disc golf. Not sure of cost, on the website. Can get it at the Mountain Activity Center (the ski shop). The pool is available to the public on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at Trails End for free. The concerts are open to the public (Music Under the Stars).

Really?? I might have to go jump in the pool one of these days lol.