1/2/22...foggy

Mixilplix

Glad it’s getting colder to blow. Wouldn’t be able to make it much longer. It’s been a season of survival. Hopefully they’ll be able to resurface what was lost and maybe get more ready for next weekend if weather cooperates. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey All,

I’m back from another session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 759am with sick beats blarin' and it was 50 degrees with fog in the mid and upper mountain. In the house were Atomic Jeff, BenM, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Indiggio, Matt Edge, MBikeMike, Mrs. Snowbunski, Mixilplix, Mute, Ryan, Toast, TP4, VTMark, those dudes I always talk but don't know their names, and many others.

First run of the day was Midway. It was mad Steezy. I blasted down those spring conditions on my Elon Ripsticks. Siiick. The coverage was terrific, a bit of dirty snow though. Lazy Mile was harsh - lots of bare spots and even more dirty snow. I rode the slow Main Street lift once for some variety, and told the lift attendant that they don't need to be running Burma lift too today, because literally no one was in line. But he said it was for the race team which was out in full force today. If they're running lifts that's basically leaving money on the table. They should save those funds and hand out free chocolate chip cookies like Steamboat does at 3 pm. Vista was foggy AF. Burma was pretty nice and not crowded like usual. Connector was rad, though I had trouble finding it in the fog.

Afterwards hung out in the parking lot drinking Yoohoos and making merriment, then I hiked 3.7 miles around Palmerton, including up to and around that legendary house on the hill. #JADIP #Grate #Radical #Sickbird.

Edited by saltyant
Mixilplix & I wrote our reports at the same time. Thanks to @toastman for merging them into one single amazing thread.
  • Like 7

47 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Glad it’s getting colder to blow. Wouldn’t be able to make it much longer. It’s been a season of survival. Hopefully they’ll be able to resurface what was lost and maybe get more ready for next weekend if weather cooperates. 

I’m thinking we’ll have upper Main Street and maybe the falls for the weekend.