1/4/21...winter is back..

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was 17 degrees under sunny sky’s. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law, Bethlehem ford guy, Rodney, Gary, Drew and a couple dozen more.  

I heard about somebody who got his season pass pulled for poaching upper Main Street yesterday..what a ding a ling  

The snowmamkbg cannons were blasting on Paradise, Razors, Falls, upper Main Street and a few random spots. First run on midway to lower Main steeet was rough..that solid teeth chattering snow. Lazy mile was ok on the top 2/3 with mainly frozen granules with a few abrasive spots.   Only skied about an hour and then hungout in the lot for about a half hour enjoying the sun. With no wind it felt pretty nice outside, not as cold as expected.  I’ll be back Thursday AM.  JADIP!!!

31719000-AADD-4DEF-8F67-42D417ABCE09.jpeg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Not too shabby today. One more and heading out. It’s getting good where the sun is softened it up. Would like to stay longer but work 

59484582-90B4-44B1-B057-5131E6AAAD0D.jpeg

Wow you park at the top. Work sucks...I’m working on end of the year accounting, have voicemails, customer coming in at 1...purchase orders and approval sketches to send out.  Crazy I might be here till 4 today lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

26 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Had a great day. Lots of leftover Christmas cookies this morning, glad I got the skis sharpened. Sun was warm, no wind. Perfect ski day, then a fun tailgate. Got lots of runs in

B5597C30-08AB-4C7C-A2DA-3EEEB887A4B6.png

49mph top speed?  Did you accidentally have tracker on when driving on Blue mountain drive lol 

• Haha 2

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

49mph top speed?  Did you accidentally have tracker on when driving on Blue mountain drive lol 

I don’t turn it on til I’m walking out of the lot on to the snow. I didn’t feel like I was going that fast, and I do turn my skis a lot. I guess you can pick up a lot of speed on those cookies 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I don’t turn it on til I’m walking out of the lot on to the snow. I didn’t feel like I was going that fast, and I do turn my skis a lot. I guess you can pick up a lot of speed on those cookies 

The tracker is cool I see you rode the Main Street chair twice. Did you hit up Burma 

1 minute ago, AirheadD8 said:

Around Blue there seems to be a black hole that accelerates you to ludicrous speed. I've seen people claim 75 on razors edge ....No Bueno 

Crazy since my top speed on razors with a radar gun was 64mph and the best skier on the mountain @AtomicSkier hit 74mph.  I definitely topped 80mph at Jackson hole when I passed Dennis and honestly I don’t want to go that fast again. That day was insane.  

1 minute ago, AirheadD8 said:

Around Blue there seems to be a black hole that accelerates you to ludicrous speed. I've seen people claim 75 on razors edge ....No Bueno 

The GPS stuff is terrible inaccurate.  I've done a radar-gun confirmed 70+ mph on Razors Edge but that was on a sheet of ice in the most aerodynamic tuck I could get into.  I laugh when people say they casually got to 60+ mph at Blue.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Crazy since my top speed on razors with a radar gun was 64mph and the best skier on the mountain @AtomicSkier hit 74mph.  I definitely topped 80mph at Jackson hole when I passed Dennis and honestly I don’t want to go that fast again. That day was insane.  

ya, knowing what 70+ mph at Blue felt like, we definitely hit 80 that day at JH, probably on Grand.  I've never let them run like we did that day 😮 

6 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

The GPS stuff is terrible inaccurate.  I've done a radar-gun confirmed 70+ mph on Razors Edge but that was on a sheet of ice in the most aerodynamic tuck I could get into.  I laugh when people say they casually got to 60+ mph at Blue.

One of my BC runs years ago I did 40mph though the woods and back again.😖

Nope

06F2EBD7-5C02-469A-B704-B246E1623DE7.png

8 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Not only that, often it can't even accurately count the number of runs!
It seems to get confused at times riding the 6-pack, thinking there's an extra run while ascending.
At least my ancient Avocet watch can do that correctly!

Edited by indiggio