1/4/21...winter is back..

I like the Slopes app. It’s subscription based but seems to be fairly accurate regarding speed. They also added a track friend on the mountain feature this year.

f360a1e6b76eddacf4dffed546ac17f2.jpg
5ab10e4d21d42aeb4e7ac789d1de08a2.jpg

Slopes definitely has/had a free tier. I’ve been using it for a few years now and never paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, C1erArt said:

I like the Slopes app. It’s subscription based but seems to be fairly accurate regarding speed. They also added a track friend on the mountain feature this year.

Looks like you stopped halfway down Lazy to start a fire?

Was on the snow 430-730 tonight with a beer and peanut butter cracker break in the middle. 32° and clear skies for a nice sunset. Saw [mention]Johnny Law [/mention]’s car but never caught up with him.

Buses were back in the lot and a lot of special people out. Waited for JL at the top for a couple minutes and had 3 people ski over my tails. Slight line from 5-6 but VIP was wide open so not much waiting.

First half of Lazy had the best snow and the rest of it was pretty much scraped off. Midway to Lower wasn’t bad but had some dark spots with lights out. Shuttle was pretty technical with the amount of snowboarders walking and people struggling to get across.

Excited for more terrain to open and hopefully spread some people out. I’m interested to see how the new lights on Coming Soon look while skiing. They look super bright.

• Like 3

Rode from 6 to 830, was surprised how good the snow was on lazy and lower main.  Looked for mute but never saw him somehow with only 3 ways down but the beer fairy left me a tasty treat.  

The lights on coming soon look super nice and it will be beyond nice to have some more trails.  

They were pushing our p dis and it looked like a straight up boulder field so a couple of inches could really help.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, C1erArt said:

Track a friend? Wouldn’t most of them be in the parking lot if it’s after 11am? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s dumb that they count up vertical. 

I can see counting it for those that uphill travel or xc skiing. I like the way it shows on mine, downhill is the big number, then adds the uphill and totals it. I wonder if choosing the default activity makes a difference. I set mine to "skiing" but xc and other things are options so maybe that affects the display.

Screenshot_20220106-105053_Ski Tracks.jpg

2 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Mine is set to skiing. 

Yours looks just like mine too, big number is vertical descent with uphill and total smaller under it. Indiggio has total vertical as the bigger number then breaks down the ascent and descent under it. Wonder what his is set to.