Arizona Snowbowl - 2022

RidgeRacer

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

Ran back into town to get my daughter who didn't want to get up this morning. Chili dog for lunch and Back out to close up shop. It's much busier now. I think all of Phoenix descended on snowbowl

IMG_20220107_141321_HDR.jpg

Ridge is this your daughters first time skiing in the Rockies?  I hope she doesn’t have any 8am classes at college.  How far is town from the mountain?

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ridge is this your daughters first time skiing in the Rockies?  I hope she doesn’t have any 8am classes at college.  How far is town from the mountain?

Yes it's her first time skiing out west. Town is about 20 minutes away. Taking one last ride up the grand canyon express for today then figuring out where to eat

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Great ski day! Snowbowl was more than I ever expected. Great snow, terrain and weather. I'd be overjoyed to call it my home mountain if I were lucky enough at some point in the future. The lifts are great too. Grand canyon express and the Arizona gondola (just installed this year) boot you up quick. Only negatives are the parking sucks. Also snowbowl road is a 7 mile trek to the base kinda sucks too. The amount of traffic going in and coming out this evening was crazy. It has to be a nightmare when it snows. Also the lodges need help bad. They're pretty dated. The food at the grill was great though. Few more pics...lower bowl just below the hike to terrain up top and a steep little gully that I found.

IMG_20220107_150313_HDR.jpg

PXL_20220107_212324514.PORTRAIT.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

What a morning....one for the books and probably one that I wont forget... sitting on the edge of the grand canyon, by myself for most of it, watching the sun rise. Surreal

IMG_20220109_081114_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220109_081406_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220109_082549_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220109_081150_HDR~2.jpg

Nice pictures and it’s supposed to hit 74 degrees in Phoenix today and Tuesday AM high of 9 and low of 4 for mount pocono. 

• Thanks 1