Arizona Snowbowl - 2022

RidgeRacer

52 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Flight to Allentown delayed 2 hours. I was actually supposed to leave Phoenix at 6am and be home by 230 or whatever but that was moved to 10am with this 3 hour layover weeks ago. Now.... it's another 2 hours on top of the 3 hour layover. @saltyant  Can you teach me the art of complaining? What can I get for free for my troubles. 

complain on twitter. the fact that the flight is almost complete complicates things though.

if you are still at the gate, you could ask the agent for a better seat, but it's prob a small plane since you're going to allentown.

for the future (for you and others) - i'm not sure who you're flying with, but was able to get fully refunded on american for a flight due to a stop being added (thank god because i couldn't extend the covid credit further and i didn't want the aggravation of planning a trip long in the future in just a few days). mainly pointing that out in case prices were to have gone down after it was switched. refund and rebook to save $$. 

but try twitter first. i have maybe 10 followers and no twitter clout, but i have always received a response. sometimes they'll go above and beyond - after a bunch of calls to dell and no traction, i sent a tweet saying something like 'thanks dell, now i have a fire hazard in my bathtub' and they replaced my laptop battery that was out of warranty for free. 

american also finally got me vouchers from a few years back. i managed to figure out a way to game their policy of expiring vouchers, got them extended another year. the phone agents didn't know how to (or didn't want to) handle it.

image.png.2eb53eed90a59fb0b8fe5da9c6bbf47f.png

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Benm said:

but try twitter first. i have maybe 10 followers and no twitter clout, but i have always received a response. sometimes they'll go above and beyond - after a bunch of calls to dell and no traction, i sent a tweet saying something like 'thanks dell, now i have a fire hazard in my bathtub' and they replaced my laptop battery that was out of warranty for free. 

Agree with this. I have always received a response.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Was just cancelled. Was a perfect trip till this point. Honestly as much as I like abe fuck layovers

Are you staying at the airport? When did they rebook you for? What's the coffee situation at the airport hotel? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Flight to Allentown delayed 2 hours. I was actually supposed to leave Phoenix at 6am and be home by 230 or whatever but that was moved to 10am with this 3 hour layover weeks ago. Now.... it's another 2 hours on top of the 3 hour layover. @saltyant  Can you teach me the art of complaining? What can I get for free for my troubles. 

All the airlines have a labor shortage..at least the delays are on the way home.  You’ll get home when you get home. I’ve had trips home from Jackson hole take 4 hours or 2.5 days.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Was just cancelled. Was a perfect trip till this point. Honestly as much as I like abe fuck layovers

ABE is a shit airport to fly out of.  It’s low priority. It’s why for the last several years I just fly out of Newark or Philly. Not worth complaining about something out of your control.  You’ll get back tomorrow maybe before lunch time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

The brutal honesty is airlines don't give AF about people who fly a few times per year.  Complain all you want, they might give you some paltry credit so you'll end spending more money with them.  Hardly "free".

I was actually compensated quite well for my last trip out of Jackson where i drove to SLC, to fly out the next day.  Also i received some compensation for the whole Mass exodus of CO due to Covey from CB.  Both times i emailed them, explained what happened, and i wasnt super happy, without being a huge dick, and calling anybody names and going all Sallyant on anybody.  

In all honesty though, both times i was just happy to get home.  The thing i was most upset about, was that i was supposed to get a text the night before about booking the return trip a day later for some type of compensation, that i clearly would have taken, so i could have skied that day, rather than spending the day watching it snow at the airport, looking at a plane that wasnt going anywhere.  

• Like 1

Ended up getting a room at the Hilton connected to ORD. Was either that or sleep in a gate somewhere which wasn't happening, American said it was weather related so they weren't covering shit basically but I was "welcome to stay here" (meaning sleep at the gate) if I like. I told him I don't sleep on floors and asked where the hotel was. Supposed to fly out of here at 10:30. We'll see if that actually happens. No luggage so I guess I'm flipping my draws inside out lol. At least I can shower and slept great.

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Schif said:

Are you staying at the airport? When did they rebook you for? What's the coffee situation at the airport hotel? 

Coffee situation in the room is excellent. They have a machine that allows you to make up to 2 cups at once. They give you 2 packets of regular and real half and half (as opposed to the powder).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

The brutal honesty is airlines don't give AF about people who fly a few times per year.  Complain all you want, they might give you some paltry credit so you'll end spending more money with them.  Hardly "free".

Have you seen this Wendover video about frequent flier programs? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Ended up getting a room at the Hilton connected to ORD. Was either that or sleep in a gate somewhere which wasn't happening, American said it was weather related so they weren't covering shit basically but I was "welcome to stay here" (meaning sleep at the gate) if I like. I told him I don't sleep on floors and asked where the hotel was. Supposed to fly out of here at 10:30. We'll see if that actually happens. No luggage so I guess I'm flipping my draws inside out lol. At least I can shower and slept great.

Yep, when I was stuck in Dallas everyone I complained to gave zero shits about my situation, and my overnight bag was stuck on the plane. I just got a hotel room and made the best of it. Wasnt sleeping on the floor or in a hard plastic chair.

Glad you enjoyed your trip otherwise and this happened at the end, for me it made me miserable at the start of my trip to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone but the rest of my trip was spectacular.

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1