1/6/22 - Tom Petty

toast21602

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They’re gonna groom, it’s just if they groom before or after the new snow falls. 

This.  I know this isnt going to be the storm of the century, but it would be nice if they groomed right after close.  

• Like 1

Today was le tits and felt like real mtn skiing. The new trail is fantastic with significant girth and tons of line options.  Personally at the moment I like the wip; go far right up the knob before the last pitch set the arc at a super attack and come plunging into the last pitch all dick out shits on fire yo.

The optics of the trail are super good, great views and it looks nice while skiing. Some how I forgot all this after skiing it last year but it's different as a groomer. 

Right side upper main was glacial but wad irrelevant with coming soon. Tom Petty all day kinda skiing.

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

This.  I know this isnt going to be the storm of the century, but it would be nice if they groomed right after close.  

I had first tracks at Sugarloaf one year and the night before they groomed. 3” on top was awesome the next day! Closest thing to flying without being in the air ! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

how was the merge on to p-dice? gonna be the a show in the finest of blue fashions?

3 out of four runs on it there was ski patrol telling people to slow down.  It’s a smooth transition but you come into a wall of people with a lot of speed. I was sort of fake scrubbing speed doing a little wiggle shuffle.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best day of the season.  Coming soon was much better than I remember (hooray grooming) and it actually felt like winter outside.  Paradise was nice as well.  Lapped those 2 runs with 2 main streets thrown in.  Couldn’t bring myself to hit lazy Mile after lapping it for 2 hours straight Sunday.  Time to see if the snowblower starts 

• Like 1