1/8...sunny Saturday..nice snow.

Hey all,

I’m back from a fun PASR day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot before 720am and it was in the mid teens and dark with light winds. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Schifdawg, Nancy, JFDan, BenM, NMSki, Faldo, Enjorales, Enjorales cousin, Nastar Glenn, Mixilplix,  MBike mike, Pops, Ryan, Mute, Salty, BooBear, Justo, Rose, Toast, Indiggio, Tarponhead, Dirtwolf, Slim, Vethkehem ford guy, Charles and many others. 

First civilian Quad to Freefall, the run formerly known as Coming soon. The snow was nice packed powder..cold quad ride with the snowmaking cannons blasting.  Main Street was alright and I skied that twice.  Lazy mile had really nice snow and not real crazy. First paradise of the year had good snow as well and no SP3000 speed patrol. Went back to the quad for another round of freefall and still nice. Then I skied midway to lower Main and another lazy. 

The parking lot was fun. With the sun shining it didn’t feel that cold and many beers and chips were consumed and I gave some pretzels and popcorn to Wally, the PASR mascot. Anyway you slice it or dice it, it was just another day in paradise.  

E768761E-0F01-485F-9215-9EB892161DE4.jpeg

E7391D24-107D-42B8-8579-08F45605CF66.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I’m curious what tomorrow morning will be like with freezing rain.  Circa 2015 the freezing rain caused a 50,car pileup in the school kill expressway with multiple deaths which I missed by about 15 minutes on my way to blue, the drive home was also a mess and we had to chill out at the diner near 78 for awhile, then had to take route 100 home

15 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m curious what tomorrow morning will be like with freezing rain.  Circa 2015 the freezing rain caused a 50,car pileup in the school kill expressway with multiple deaths which I missed by about 15 minutes on my way to blue, the drive home was also a mess and we had to chill out at the diner near 78 for awhile, then had to take route 100 home

Just depends on th timing and how much they pre treat the roads. Driving in freezing rain is sketchy AF

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Go up tonight. Worst case scenario is you ski tonight and tomorrow morning if it doesn't rain. 24 degrees and rain is pretty sketch, though. Just be careful if you do end up riding in the rain tomorrow morning. 

12 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Go up tonight. Worst case scenario is you ski tonight and tomorrow morning if it doesn't rain. 24 degrees and rain is pretty sketch, though. Just be careful if you do end up riding in the rain tomorrow morning. 

At work without my gear 🤦‍♂️.  I’m thinking they close tomorrow so mentally preparing myself.  However, if they do open, there is nothing saying I can’t go Sunday night if they are open, just seems so weird lol

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

At work without my gear 🤦‍♂️.  I’m thinking they close tomorrow so mentally preparing myself.  However, if they do open, there is nothing saying I can’t go Sunday night if they are open, just seems so weird lol

True. Eagles play tonight anyway. I don't think they will close. 

Gud skiing today. First time in a while midway was not great. 
i want to ski tomorrow, but im coming up with more bad then good for tomorrow. The biggest thing i am struggling with is they have such a hard time getting the lifts to cooperate after some snow, so, well, you know, they will run great tomorrow?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

uhh, everything ok?

All good in the hood, my 97 year old aunt got it so some running around but she at least so far just has like normal cold.  

Nobody in my immediate family has it but like 1/3 of the people I talk to including work have rona right now lol lol 

Just now, Johnny Law said:

All good in the hood, my 97 year old aunt got it so some running around but she at least so far just has like normal cold.  

Nobody in my immediate family has it but like 1/3 of the people I talk to including work have rona right now lol lol 

Law are you skiing tomorrow AM?  Even AOC has Covid.  

5 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Absolutely, I'm dying to get out, Tuesday I think is the only morning I have work shit. 

Maybe it's a good thing and hopefully everyone gets it and shit can chill then for a hot minute. 

Will be nice to be back out tomorrow AM with the boomers and get some more free falling in.  Ski you in the AM

• Like 2