1/9… Glazed Donut

Dirtwolf

Just wrapped up an eventful morning at blue the true mountain.  Arrived to a nearly empty lot around 8.  A variety of winter weather started while i was booting up.  In the house was Matt Edge, TP4, and VTMark.

First ride up the quad ended up spending some quality time (15-20 minutes) on a stopped lift.  Some of which was spent in front of snow gun.  Whole maintenance crew was at the top manually pushing the detached chairs around the top.  Ski patrol had all trails leading to valley roped off stating that they were not running the quad or six and all traffic was being directed to doubles. So headed to lazy.  Snow was fast and carvable.  Rode double up next lap and rode lazy again. 

Next ride up the double made it nearly to the top before another considerable stoppage of the lift for 15-20 minutes.  Heard at the top from lifty that someone fell off near the bottom. Rode lazy again and went out to the lot. 

Was all worth it for three great runs down lazy.  

Edited by Dirtwolf
  • Like 8

• Dirtwolf changed the title to 1/9… Glazed Donut
2 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Just wrapped up an eventful morning at blue the true mountain.  Arrived to a nearly empty lot around 8.  A variety of winter weather started while i was booting up.  In the house was Matt Edge, TP4, and VTMark.

First ride up the quad ended up spending some quality time (15-20 minutes) on a stopped lift.  Some of which was spent in front of snow gun.  Whole maintenance crew was at the top manually pushing the detached chairs around the top.  Ski patrol had all trails leading to valley roped off stating that they were not running the quad or six and all traffic was being directed to doubles. So headed to lazy.  Snow was fast and carvable.  Rode double up next lap and rode lazy again. 

Next ride up the double made it nearly to the top before another considerable stoppage of the lift for 15-20 minutes.  Heard at the top from lifty that someone fell off near the bottom. Rode lazy again and went out to the lot. 

Was all worth it for three great runs down lazy.  

WTGAI

21 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Rode from 8-9:50, which included a 15+ min being stuck on the double.  Luckily, didn’t get stuck on the quad before they closed it.  Conditions were snow-ish. Sleet for a bit, then freezing rain, then rain. Roads were completely fine both ways.  

Good to see you got up and didn’t wait until this even when they close early. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

If I had to hitchhike or hike up in ski boots, you guys would hear me complain for weeks. I would probably demand an extra hot toddy.

On both alpinezone and Teton gravity somebody post a video of the Ski Beech chairlift shower and within five comments somebody said,”that person should be compensated with a hot chocolate voucher”

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

11 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I think it's poor business practice to leave guests stranded at the bottom of the mountain after a lift breaks down. Honestly if that happened to be on a trip I would never return to that resort.

To add, imagine someone getting hit by a car walking up the road because they literally have no other way to get to their vehicle. That could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

Do we actually know what the options were for folks stuck at the bottom? Last year when the lifts went down they offered the shuttle van but said it would take a while to get everyone to the top so they told people they could walk up to the doubles if they didn't want to wait. Similar to that big February storm last year when people walked up to the doubles. It would be super shitty if they just stranded people but I can't imagine they just left people down there with no options. This is Blue, not Camelback.