1/13/22...mad Goldilocks.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was about 30 degrees out and they were just shutting the snowmaking cannons on Swizzle Bizzle. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, Bethlehem ford guy, BenM, Johnny Law, Justo, Rodney and many others.  First civilian quad and first Razors edge of the season. The snow was OK, I’m sure better than yesterday’s frozen chicken thighs but smooth and firmish. 

I skied razors twice then to freefall where there was a patroller who said it was ungroomed. It was basically chalky, icy and barely bumps. A bit more of a workout.  Main Street was the run of the day and I think I skied that four times. The line for the quad was almost a full corral.  Probably 5-6 minutes which is long for 10am on a weekday. We went to the main street chair which had zero wait but it stopped a half dozen times.  The quad stopped a few times as well but all short stoppages. 

As if the first time skiing razors wasn’t exciting enough, we all made first descents down widowmaker from the top and it was very nice snow to midway to lower Main.  One last quad run the VIP side was slightly less crowded and into the lot just after 1030.  They started running the six pack around 1040. 

In the lot it was in the mid to upper 30s which is mad goldilocks..not to warm, not to cold, just right.  I had a beer or two and a soft pretzel and hungout almost an hour.  Now back to work like a dork and ready to start the weekend role call thread. JADIP

6C5D5525-38D4-4B0F-AA13-EB5AC4E8FB6F.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Cant believe they are fucking up free fall smh

Yeah I tend to agree. It makes sense, though. It forces people to slow down coming into Paradise... but it takes away from how great that trail is. It reminds me a bit of White Lightning at Montage. That would be an absolute ripper if they groomed it and it wasn't all bumps. Oh well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Yeah I tend to agree. It makes sense, though. It forces people to slow down coming into Paradise... but it takes away from how great that trail is. It reminds me a bit of White Lightning at Montage. That would be an absolute ripper if they groomed it and it wasn't all bumps. Oh well.

White lightning ends 100 feet from a lift. If that trail was a ripper the carnage would be next level at the bottom and at least one person per year would get fished out of that lake. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Schif said:

So Coming Soon, Main Street and Nightmare will all have bumps on them this year? Any that I missed? 

Main Street is the only sure thing.  I’m thinking coming soon will be groomed sometimes..it’s not bumps on it now, just ungroomed. Sometimes half of challenge is bumps...nightmare is usually bumped up but with dreamweaver now a boardercross course and terrain park who knows.  The only sure bump run is Barney’s bumps. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s 27 years old and needs to be replaced soon. 

They were working on it yesterday. Appeared to be replacing some equipment that looked like wheelbarrow tires at the top of the lift, where it detaches. They had it loaded and running when I left, so I thought they had it sorted out. If it doesn’t run this weekend, it’s gonna be painful. 

• Like 2