JF 1/15

saltyant

36 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

“Love this for them”

“Hate to see it”

responded to the wrong post the first time. Derp. 

Theres a ton of fun stuff to ski off trail at frost, but when there isnt enough snow, it can get old real fast skiing the trails. I saw some photos from yesterday that wernt so good either. Hopefully for the greater good of skiers, Vail gets their shit together. But they will probably just have the GM at frost put out one of their cookie cutter apology videos. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Lol, if We knew someone was taking our picture we would have turned and smiled. That’s my son dead center , my wife in pink coat, other son in orange pants, me in red coat. We did 2 runs in about 2 hours and bailed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, PA Ski Dad said:

Lol, if We knew someone was taking our picture we would have turned and smiled. That’s my son dead center , my wife in pink coat, other son in orange pants, me in red coat. We did 2 runs in about 2 hours and bailed 

2 runs in 2 hours?? I would've channeled my inner Salty and demanded compensation in the form of a gift card. 

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

2 runs in 2 hours?? I would've channeled my inner Salty and demanded compensation in the form of a gift card. 

I would have left as soon as I got back up the mountain. I didn't even have patience for 20 minute waits at Blue yesterday at 1 pm, and Blue did everything they could to manage the crowds... except limiting ticket sales further, but that would be leaving money on the table.

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1

41 minutes ago, PA Ski Dad said:

Is that east mt?  What other lift did they have running?  I assume the 3rd lift had to be a beginner lift around like snowflake or what ever. 

did you see anybody walking back up?  

30 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I would have left as soon as I got back up the mountain. I didn't even have patience for 20 minute waits at Blue yesterday at 1 pm, and Blue did everything they could to manage the crowds... except limiting ticket sales further, but that would be leaving money on the table.

Was there a shorter wait in the VIP line and did Blue have a liftline organizer?

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Funny enough my friend Matt and I were supposed to ski at Jack Frost today, but decided not to. Thank God we didn't, high-a-five! Great success!

I’m guessing at opening the lines weren’t that long. Sure those that lingered around and stopped at Howard Johnson’s for pigs in a blanket on the way and hot coffee may have at to deal with fa fa fa fuckery.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m guessing at opening the lines weren’t that long. Sure those that lingered around and stopped at Howard Johnson’s for pigs in a blanket on the way and hot coffee may have at to deal with fa fa fa fuckery.  

True but my friend would have wanted to ski longer than 90 minutes since he's not a PASR, so we would have mostly likely stayed long enough to encounter that BS.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

True but my friend would have wanted to ski longer than 90 minutes since he's not a PASR, so we would have mostly likely stayed long enough to encounter that BS.

And you said you’re gonna have bottom bunk in Breck right??  When me you and Matt Edge go to Verbier(Verbeer) I don’t think we’ll be able to arrange a triple bunk bed so probably just one big bed or two smaller ones we can push together. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And you said you’re gonna have bottom bunk in Breck right??  When me you and Matt Edge go to Verbier(Verbeer) I don’t think we’ll be able to arrange a triple bunk bed so probably just one big bed or two smaller ones we can push together. 

No I'll have my own bedroom at Breckenridge and also in Verbeer. 

• Boner City 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Is that east mt?  What other lift did they have running?  I assume the 3rd lift had to be a beginner lift around like snowflake or what ever. 

did you see anybody walking back up?  

They had 1 of the east mountain doubles and the lift skiers right of the park. The other lift was up in the learning area. We passed a kid hiking up, we seriously considered it but decided it wasn’t worth sticking around.  We bought epic for a Utah trip so didn’t feel too bad about leaving early. I feel bad for anyone who bought day tickets.

Could have been worse, passed a pretty bad accident just past the tunnel. Two of the cars were flipped onto their roof.  

Frost never used to get huge lines.  Now of course back when i skied there, they were running more lifts.  The big weekend lines back then were back to where they have the ropes set up.  And, i dont know, i mean, is Cecily stopping for a coffee and danish on her way down?  90 seconds?  Its quicker than that.  

Arent they replacing East Mountain with a Quad?  I guess when that happens, that line will be cut down by half.  

@PA Ski Dad i have an Epic pass this year for a trip out west as well, but i would like to think i will boycott Vail next year.  

Frost never used to get huge lines.  Now of course back when i skied there, they were running more lifts.  The big weekend lines back then were back to where they have the ropes set up.  And, i dont know, i mean, is Cecily stopping for a coffee and danish on her way down?  90 seconds?  Its quicker than that.  

Arent they replacing East Mountain with a Quad?  I guess when that happens, that line will be cut down by half.  

@PA Ski Dad i have an Epic pass this year for a trip out west as well, but i would like to think i will boycott Vail next year.  

Cecily is out there at opening, her place is there and her kids are on the race team.

• Thanks 1

This is very well documented information, im not sure why you are telling me this.  

I thought you were assuming she showed up late after stopping for coffee and a danish, but after reading it again you were talking about the 90 seconds it takes her to get to the bottom. My bad!

Edited by poconoceancity