1/16 Cold Blue Day...

Mixilplix

Hey all,

Back from another fun session at Blue Mountain the True Mountain. Rolled in da house at 1146 am and in the house were Dirtwolf, Enjoralas, Indiggio, JohnnyLaw, Matthew Edge, Nastar Glen, Pops, PSUFly, Skiincy, and many many others.  First run was looking for a parking spot and fortunately Nastar Glen gave me his. What a nice guy!! @AtomicSkier was supposed to double park and keep my spot warm but I guess he forgot. After parking lot shenanigans, headed out and stood in line at the six pack for 23 minutes and 40 seconds. Rode the lift and experienced 2 stoppages due to gapers. First run down Switchback was mad steezy - icy, icy, ice is nice. Then stood in line at the Main St lift for 14 minutes and 11 seconds, rode Widowmaker to Midway to Lower Main Street and called it a day. JADIP Ice Iz Nice.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Hey all,

Back from another fun session at Blue Mountain the True Mountain. Rolled in da house at 1146 am and in the house were Dirtwolf, Enjoralas, Indiggio, JohnnyLaw, Matthew Edge, Nastar Glen, Pops, PSUFly, Skiincy, and many many others.  First run was looking for a parking spot and fortunately Nastar Glen gave me his. What a nice guy!! @AtomicSkier was supposed to double park and keep my spot warm but I guess he forgot. After parking lot shenanigans, headed out and stood in line at the six pack for 23 minutes and 40 seconds. Rode the lift and experienced 2 stoppages due to gapers. First run down Switchback was mad steezy - icy, icy, ice is nice. Then stood in line at the Main St lift for 14 minutes and 11 seconds, rode Widowmaker to Midway to Lower Main Street and called it a day. JADIP Ice Iz Nice.

Should have spent the money on another half hour of flight lessons . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Should have spent the money on another half hour of flight lessons . 

I have a season pass so it didn't cost a dime, other than maybe a dollar of gas to go out of my way home from my flight lesson. Plus I got to hang out with some radical PASRs.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m sorry I missed out.  I way overdid it last night at the bar and was drunk when my alarm went off.  Will be interesting to see what happens with this storm. 

Can we get a TR of what happened that was so intense that it kept the great @GrilledSteezeSandwich away from Blue?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

What a fun weekend . Great conditions and although crowded later could still do reasonable time in lifts. TCS rights side ( no bumps so everyone went there) was absolute $hit (watched a ski school instructor eat it there).left side with bumps was $ as most stayed away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

Can we get a TR of what happened that was so intense that it kept the great @GrilledSteezeSandwich away from Blue?

Just a lot of jack Daniels and I wanted to leave the bar by midnight and left at 145am.  I allow myself to miss one day per ski season for being hungover and that was it. It’s funny I don’t mind going to work with a hangover but I like being fresh when I ski...I also figured the bar would be dead because it was so cold out and it was packed...and a 6 person Boomer band was playing old favorites from the 60s and 70s. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just a lot of jack Daniels and I wanted to leave the bar by midnight and left at 145am.  I allow myself to miss one day per ski season for being hungover and that was it. It’s funny I don’t mind going to work with a hangover but I like being fresh when I ski...I also figured the bar would be dead because it was so cold out and it was packed...and a 6 person Boomer band was playing old favorites from the 60s and 70s. 

I'm keeping track and you missed two days this ski season. So you used up your day off for next season 🤷🏻‍♂️

First run down Razor's was #1 Grade A Prime snow, super fast and very edgy.   Cut over to Razorback and it was just as good.
Next run down NM/DW and the snow on it was almost as good as Razor's!
Third run down was Challenge, well, so much for the perfect conditions!  We saw the gouge marks on it while riding up the 6, so it was no wonder nobody was on it.
Skier's right appeared to be the best choice on the top headwall, especially to avoid a catastrophe from the gouges in the middle.  Turned out it wasn't too bad, but that goodness was VERY short lived.  After the flat you were deposited into a minefield of various frozen chicken parts strewn across the entire slope!  This continued on pretty much down to where the crossing comes in prior to Falls.  WJW!  Needless to say, that was the one and only run down Challenge today. 

Nightmare/Dreamweaver also had some fantastic snow as well.  Next up was Switchback which was wicked fast and with the brutal cold, the "dust" from sliders in front seemed to just hang in the air and it had excellent snow as well.

The blew a skiff of snow in Barney's, just to tempt people in to their demise, as the glaze ice in the troughs from the broken pipe lurked below for the unsuspecting wanderer.
I know for a fact it did claim one victim.

The rest of the day was spent lapping Coming Soon, but each run down the quad line got longer and longer. 
Neither the 6 or the quad had anyone gating, so it was a mad free-for-all to the gate.

Peaced out around noon for parking lot beers and chatting with @enjoralas, @PSUFly, @saltyant, @Dirtwolf , @tarponhead, with a brief visit by @MattEDGE

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm keeping track and you missed two days this ski season. So you used up your day off for next season 🤷🏻‍♂️

I didn’t use my day last season...Salty we’rebrothers and Edge and Law are also our brothers...cut me some slack jack...make a new plan Dan..no need to be coy Roy

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Morning sesh, cold and beeahs’ kickin my ass, needed to get some things done this morning so Did an afternoon tele sesh. snow held up well and plenty of surfable soft in the edges. After a few TCS’s, razors , NMDW and a main ended up going over the bars on the baby bumps/spine on paradise lol. Met up with MrsSoBunski for some beers in the bar before driving home in the snow around 6:30. Helluva lot better than watching Brady beat up the birds lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Skied til almost 8. Temp was 22° when we left and a little over an inch fell. I was feeling warm since it was 25° warmer than this arriving morning.

Air hose blew on lower Sidewinder which kind of looked like a wacky inflatable tube man. Hella people poaching Sidewinder whales, especially when they stopped blowing at 630. WTGAI.

Drive home was semi spicy. Didn’t have an issue but snow was going sideways. There was a car on it’s roof in a ditch on 248 just below Seemsville Road. Police were already in the scene so we didn’t investigate.

The crowd left as soon as the snow started and conditions improved. Razors was the best tonight and usually empty. Fingers crossed there’s no rain and it stays snow all night.

• Like 4