Lake Placid / Whiteface 2022

indiggio

Stoked for you man. Can't wait to read the TR and hear your thoughts on WF. fingers crossed that the summit quad opens for you tomorrow. Not sure where they are with lookout mountain yet. Either way Essex, approach, northway speed runs to the base off little wf are always good first thing.

Smoke signals is open from 4 to 9 tomorrow...Bazzis always comes through though. I've never seen that place closed. Hope you all have a great time. Potential for snow on Wednesday! Layer up though. Forecast looks brisk. Can't wait till we're there in March!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Love some high peaks daks action and it should be awesome skiing this week. 

The mountaineer is in Keene and is probably the best mountaineering shop in the north east.  Their books alone and they have every piece of gear on earth.  

The Adirondack High Peaks are one of the best mountain ranges in the east......I gained a lot of respect for ski jumpers once I saw those jumps...

• Like 1

Lmao! I’m here at Lake Placid Brewery and pub eating chow before heading to Indigios tiny house after an uneventful drive up and I figure instead of asking how his drive up was to check this site first. Indigo is a GSS-approved poster! Psyched to ski WF tomorrow and doing it with Indigio and son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Lmao! I’m here at Lake Placid Brewery and pub eating chow before heading to Indigios tiny house after an uneventful drive up and I figure instead of asking how his drive up was to check this site first. Indigo is a GSS-approved poster! Psyched to ski WF tomorrow and doing it with Indigio and son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He sure is but he seemed to forget to post a report today and knowing Indiggio he’s probably asleep already so will likely post his report around 5am tomorrow which is fine..I understand...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He sure is but he seemed to forget to post a report today and knowing Indiggio he’s probably asleep already so will likely post his report around 5am tomorrow which is fine..I understand...

Eh, got caught up eating and some other crap.  See above…

37 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Driving out of Lake Placid and up towards the mountain, passing the golf course and Cobble Mountain Lodge, I thought of @RidgeRacer and @saltyant .  We continued to drive a bit longer than I expected from looking at the map, but the son assured me we were going the correct way.  We came to a T and he instructed me to turn left, Ok.  As we climbed an ever steepening road, we came to Santa’s Workshop in North Pole, NY.  
Next I see a sign for Toll Ahead.  Tolls on a ski road? WTF? About this time I was pretty sure something was amiss, as the son was tapping something into his phone.  “Uh oh”, he uttered.  “Uh oh, what?”, I responded.  “Uh, looks like there’s a Whiteface Mountain and Whiteface Mountain Resort and I think I chose the wrong one”.  

Great stuff!!! On 9/3/20 I biked from Cobble Mountain Lodge to Santa's Workshop and then to the top of Whiteface Mountain, and it certainly was a grind but one of the best bike rides I've ever completed. The hill up to Santa's is a grind itself, and beyond that there's still about 2,900 ft. of elevation gain to go to the highest point on the road (thru the toll gate). Amazing for the east coast!

Oh, and the skiing ain't bad either. TFTI !!!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Nice report. Weather looks much better for tomorrow...should be nice! Then Antarctica like temps the next few days after (-21 for the low wed night!) First pic looks really good.

It was so cold today, it took all the will I could muster to pull the phone out to take a few pics!

• Like 3