Lake Placid / Whiteface 2022

indiggio

54 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Report and pictures are great. I hope you have more beer than just that one! Send the wife back out to get more.

Yeah, that was just the first.  There’s a small deli a few blocks away, so she takes her morning constitutional there to pick up some beers for the day.  What a grate wife!

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ll continue this thread with more updates from Wilmington/Lake Placid/Whiteface. March 5 to 13th.

We arrived Saturday 3/5 to mid 50s and rain. It poured most of Saturday night and all Sunday. It cleared out a lot of the ground snow. Today it is quite chilly with a temp of 25 and windy. Although the sun is peeking through the clouds today. I had to work yesterday and today so no skiing reports from me today. Everyone else went out today but are all beginners so I’m excited to hear the recap of their adventures. 

more to come.

CBAA18EB-BF46-471D-A52F-5977C98A3CBB.jpeg

Edited by Zonked
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Saturdays storm could bring a foot to WF. Leaving Sunday morning for LP...hoping for Empire, lookout below, cloudspin etc. to be open next week. Or maybe I'll strike gold with the slides...of course I probably have a better chance on winning the power ball. 

Just saw on facebook that lookout lift is closed for the rest of the season. I was looking to get up there in the next couple weeks. The lookout mountain area is never open any time i plan to go to WF. I accept full responsibility and I apologize.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

Just saw on facebook that lookout lift is closed for the rest of the season. I was looking to get up there in the next couple weeks. The lookout mountain area is never open any time i plan to go to WF. I accept full responsibility and I apologize.

Did they say why? That absolutely sucks. 

Great day full of spring skiing. Got to the gondola around 9am and headed up alone. Much better snow coverage from the day before. It ended up closing in on high 30s with full Sun and blue skies. The snow was soft and buttery. Ended the day with a Lake Placid IPA which was delicious. It sounds like a snow storm coming which which will be awesome way to end the trip. Minus my little Acura trying to drive home Sunday with that much snow

88FCE976-09F6-4A63-A877-0005CE4C4DD1.jpeg

334A861B-E172-4C84-B992-158D649C35E8.jpeg

1FC5B69E-4138-4529-96C7-5F5B7C5BCAC6.jpeg

62314EEA-5DB1-4E9A-8A1F-1C1ADD3D61C4.jpeg

91E7CF49-E732-4289-A0D0-65181918DBF0.jpeg

B60DDA45-A15B-4366-A43B-19719AAE929B.png

• Like 8