Lake Placid / Whiteface 2022

indiggio

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Where did you stop at in the skills? Roy Rogers is no more.

I forget...maldena rest stop or something? Had a Micky D's, deli and a coffee joint. I got a Panini, coffee and a strawberry strudel. Arrived in Lake P. My son's mind was blown when he saw the high peaks and the ski jumps

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That looks legit. Did you finish it all?

Of course. 

Whiteface is saying they got 10 inches in the past 24 hrs. Snowing lightly now in town... Supposed to be an inch here so hopefully more in the mountain. Tomorrow could be really good. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Of course. 

Whiteface is saying they got 10 inches in the past 24 hrs. Snowing lightly now in town... Supposed to be an inch here so hopefully more in the mountain. Tomorrow could be really good. 

Sweetness..enjoy and post frequent updates for those of us stuck here in the flatlands!!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, indiggio said:

How crowded was Smoke Signals?  Did you have to make a reservation?

Crowded but no reservation needed. They had a table opening up when we got there. Definitely busy in town...I saw a bunch of guys wearing team Switzerland jackets walking around. Seems like there are events going on somewhere... Assuming hockey

• Like 1

Nothing major in terms of new snow...a dusting for the most part. According to the trail map no lookout lift, summit is open but no cloudspin (yet) no empire on LWF (yet). Let's see how it shakes out. Hoping the winds are tame although it looks to be blowing hard from the room here in town.  sun supposed to come out later this morning. 

Edited by RidgeRacer

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Crowded but no reservation needed. They had a table opening up when we got there. Definitely busy in town...I saw a bunch of guys wearing team Switzerland jackets walking around. Seems like there are events going on somewhere... Assuming hockey

CAN/AM challenge cup was this weekend and next weekend. Pretty big youth hockey tournament. Used to love going to it back when I was 12/13 and playing travel hockey. 

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Looks like you're having quite a sick day!

Very much so saltman. Back on the face lift to the summit quad for more Cloudspin goodness. All of my runs today have been top to bottom... No stopping and riding back to half way. 

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Typing this from cloud spin his legs are burning it is absolutely glorious. Two ski patroler followed me and I thought I was going to get in trouble. Meanwhile they just wanted to enjoy fresh powder. I forgot I wasn't at Blue for a second there. Got almost knee deep on one spot. What a day

IMG_20220314_111728_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220314_111617_HDR.jpg

Did you duck a rope?  Almost time for lunch. 

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you duck a rope?  Almost time for lunch. 

Skipping lunch. Too good out here. Plus the hotel breakfast was really filling. Upper cloud spin is roped off and for good reason. Need to ski a few hundred down skyward and then go right to cut across into lower cloud spin which is wonderful

• Like 3

Glad you got to enjoy the snow after the storm. I was out skiing all Saturday and it was great. Pretty damn windy off the Gondola but it was excellent to ski on fresh snow. The snow was really piling up. I was hoping to get stuck in LP so we could ski again on Sunday and enjoy all that fresh snow that would hopefully cover whatever ice patches were still showing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Typing this from cloud spin his legs are burning it is absolutely glorious. Two ski patroler followed me and I thought I was going to get in trouble. Meanwhile they just wanted to enjoy fresh powder. I forgot I wasn't at Blue for a second there. Got almost knee deep on one spot. What a day

IMG_20220314_111728_HDR.jpg

Wow. Looking fucking fantastic! The snow looks good too! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Zonked said:

Glad you got to enjoy the snow after the storm. I was out skiing all Saturday and it was great. Pretty damn windy off the Gondola but it was excellent to ski on fresh snow. The snow was really piling up. I was hoping to get stuck in LP so we could ski again on Sunday and enjoy all that fresh snow that would hopefully cover whatever ice patches were still showing. 

My legs are screaming plowing through it. Not sure how much I got left in the tank tbh and yeah people are finding the spots now and icy patches are creeping through. Riding the gondi now. I need a groomer