Lake Placid / Whiteface 2022

indiggio

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Typing this from cloud spin his legs are burning it is absolutely glorious. Two ski patroler followed me and I thought I was going to get in trouble. Meanwhile they just wanted to enjoy fresh powder. I forgot I wasn't at Blue for a second there. Got almost knee deep on one spot. What a day

IMG_20220314_111728_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220314_111617_HDR.jpg

Ha it looks like almost the same spot I stopped at a few weeks ago!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@toast21602 Why are you confused? Aren't you interested in what Mr. Ridge Racer is eating for dinner and where he's staying on this fine evening?

Saltyant if you had been paying attention, his wife is with him so he decided to stay in town at the best western.  

• Thanks 1

Riding the ski shuttle as my wife needs the car to check out the ski jumping practice (if it's not cancelled). Looking like a groomer day today. Winds are non existent...at least in town. Inch fell overnight. Temps hovering around freezing with overcast skies...no sun today. Today would be a great day for Wilmington trail laps but with lookout mountain closed we're living in the past skiing what WF was 15 years ago. The locals are stoked about bluebird skies and spring skiing later this week. I don't blame them. Yesterday however may be tough to be beat we'll see

• Like 4

I did really enjoy doing to top to bottom runs there. I could start a song at the top and it would be finished at the bottom. Rad! Can't do that at many other mountains on the east coast. 

A fun run is to take the Upper Skyward to Victoria, then mess around in some of the trees off to the left.

• Like 1