1/19 Me, Myself & Barb

Johnny Law

Rolled up at 830 to an empty house; apparently everyone was late as I was in the lineup without another person until 855.

Only the quad was running and only sometimes. Razors was open so I took the first two down and it was a perfect carpet. One of the mogul dudes said Challenge was good and while it was a little loose it was the best so far this year.  Main and switch were rotd just effortless carpets. 

By 915 everyone had arrived and by 940 both lines were back to the gates

I took 4 more but the loose chunky was coming through on razors and challenge and I had enough of the lines.  

Good day and some very good snow around but the quad thing is getting ridiculous. The tail is wagging the dog, one trail is determining the entire operation of the hill when it's been the worst trail on the hill more often than not.  All of which is because they thought it better to merge the steepest part of the hill with their primary green run rather than extend it 500 yards and create an easier merge on homestretch. It's almost like skiing off a tram where you get pulse delivery lines where everyone is being delivered on both ends at similar times. 

20220119_084915.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Lift lines to the gates on both lifts 40 mins into opening is rough.  It’s a shame myself, @toast21602 , and @mute1080 don’t get our own special privileges to skip to the front of the line.  It used to be us and like 5 retirees at opening on Thursday mornings.  Once everyone in the tri state area noticed this, they started coming in the morning.  It could be argued the only reason blue gets crowds on Thursday mornings is because we put everyone on to them.  When will blue cut us our check?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Lift lines to the gates on both lifts 40 mins into opening is rough.  It’s a shame myself, @toast21602 , and @mute1080 don’t get our own special privileges to skip to the front of the line.  It used to be us and like 5 retirees at opening on Thursday mornings.  Once everyone in the tri state area noticed this, they started coming in the morning.  It could be argued the only reason blue gets crowds on Thursday mornings is because we put everyone on to them.  When will blue cut us our check?

We were trend setters. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Honestly wouldn't mind one bit if six was running and had to skate up to Coming Soon. Quad just ain't cuttin it.

That's exactly what I think too. Any expert has to be able to skate the 2 mins to the top there and even if you Sunday walk in the park'd it at most it's 5 mins.  Plus it uncompromises the hill and the trail itself. It's got the best guns and lights but every person I've talked to said the last 3 days it's been essentially unskiable. Why because they had to 3d it to slow peeps down but if you have to walk to it you'll get 1/10000th the traffic and maybe netting is enough to groom it again. My even bigger point would be all this effort all the capital for the new trail and lights/snow making and it's all a compromise now because of some dumb ass idea to save some $$$$ and merge with pdis. That's when being cheap costs you more money.  

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No info on Barb in the report.  Way to get after it Johnny Law...

Sadly I didn't see her, she's probably at her house anyways but I think we only saw her that one time in the lodge early season. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

That's exactly what I think too. Any expert has to be able to skate the 2 mins to the top there and even if you Sunday walk in the park'd it at most it's 5 mins.  Plus it uncompromises the hill and the trail itself. It's got the best guns and lights but every person I've talked to said the last 3 days it's been essentially unskiable. Why because they had to 3d it to slow peeps down but if you have to walk to it you'll get 1/10000th the traffic and maybe netting is enough to groom it again. My even bigger point would be all this effort all the capital for the new trail and lights/snow making and it's all a compromise now because of some dumb ass idea to save some $$$$ and merge with pdis. That's when being cheap costs you more money.  

Sadly I didn't see her, she's probably at her house anyways but I think we only saw her that one time in the lodge early season. 

Totally agree... I got on it a few times last night and it was glacial in some places.

• Sad 1

i agree with every thing above.  i thought the new trail would be awesome, and they would end up running the quad more.  Not running the quad in place of the 6.  I only get on the quad to ride that trail, or of course unless they are not running the 6.  Each time i get on the quad, i say to myself, "are ya feeling lucky?"  like, is this lift ride gonna be worth skiing coming soon?  

They are just gonna have to take their lumps on social media for people complaining they cant ride the new trail, since they are running the 6 only.  Run the 6 and the quad both on weekends.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Fantasy lift? Do tell...

I’ve heard from others here who have heard from someone else that confirmed it with Blue higher ups that are confident in KSL funding that a 6er will go from valley ski patrol to supper ski patrol between doubles and vista. 

• Like 2

I've heard at least both of those and one that involves an 8 pack. The dude I talked to today said it's a done deal over the summer.

IDK but I do know they have alot more plans for stuff than things they get done. I say buy a new lift build a new trail pod and then nobody will care if the quad stops. 🤣🤣🤣