1/20/22...Firm

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and in the house were Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, toast, BenM, Terry and Bethlehem ford guy.  

The temperature was in the upper 20s with a strong north wind and light snow for the first half hour or so.  First run on razors a skiff of new snow with kind of rolly hardpack the top section and smoother below.  Challenge was similar. Main Street also rolly Polly at the top and then a series of mini root rollers in the middle which would have sent less agile skiers ass over tea kettle..mad Homer Simpson doh. Midway was ok and then back to some more Razors which was a bit better as visibility had improved. 

No lines for the quad, notably less people than on Tuesday.  I ended up just skiing seven runs by 10:10am at which time the six pack started loading people. It was ok conditions but could have been much worse.  The rain the other day really put an end to the boner doner conditions of the previous two weeks.  Let’s hope they blow some snow the next two nights and resurface some of the terrain for the upcoming cold cold weekend. 

JADIP

82796857-B589-481D-BB07-F8C3AF94EEAD.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Boner City 1

Anyone going up tonight check yourself on main. They basically threw up what are speed bumps that just appear. The left side is good but the speed bumps could put someone down for sure. 

Today I'd say is an average blue day shit always wants to brick up there and under the skiff it's pretty brick. 

Not bad but needs more smooth to be good when it's firm.  

They will be fully open this weekend so no complaints.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Anyone going up tonight check yourself on main. They basically threw up what are speed bumps that just appear. The left side is good but the speed bumps could put someone down for sure. 

Today I'd say is an average blue day shit always wants to brick up there and under the skiff it's pretty brick. 

Not bad but needs more smooth to be good when it's firm.  

They will be fully open this weekend so no complaints.

Sounds like they are taking a page from TCS and using bumps to slow people at the intersection. If they did it on purpose at least.

Just now, mute1080 said:

Sounds like they are taking a page from TCS and using bumps to slow people at the intersection. If they did it on purpose at least.

I wondered too as it seems it wouldn't be a mistake but it seems super dumb.  They haven't marked it at all,  they literally just appear and as far as I could tell it was only on the right side which is furthest from midway.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems way more people would take a beater from the speed bumps than ever crashed into eachother at the merge.  I thought I might hit the deck and I would think my shit snow skills are above average. 

Maybe the groomer party rocked last night but I can't see how it won't be a Jerry trap. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I wondered too as it seems it wouldn't be a mistake but it seems super dumb.  They haven't marked it at all,  they literally just appear and as far as I could tell it was only on the right side which is furthest from midway.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems way more people would take a beater from the speed bumps than ever crashed into eachother at the merge.  I thought I might hit the deck and I would think my shit snow skills are above average. 

Maybe the groomer party rocked last night but I can't see how it won't be a Jerry trap. 

Well that will make tonight interesting...

Anyone out yet Coming soon is awesome. One of the guns is blowing right up and refilling the bumps. Freshies every run!!!!

Leaving now. Had a couple Paradise runs with the kid and finished off at the triple since she likes the rollers.

Lines were way better tonight but half of paradise was scraped off. Hardest part was booting up cause I parked on an ice rink like an idiot.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Haven’t been there. Not leaving coming soon it’s too good!

Quad took a crap, damn best couple hours skiing all year and the 6 is jammed 😡

im confused. are you skating up to coming soon? or did the quad going tits up just happen?

thanks for the real time reporting  

just checked cams  6er isnt open wtf is happenkng ?

something for you to check out on your next chair ride  https://www.686.com/collections/grateful-dead

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Blue sometimes looks like the surface of the moon but the gun side looks super fun.  

I’m not a gun geek but whatever type they are they are very efficient very little goggle stickage. The last half hour the moguls sort of lost their shape but it was still a super fun night. 
It’s very impressive the amount of snow they are blowing I wonder if they’re going to make a shot at April weather permitting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AirheadD8 said:

I’m not a gun geek but whatever type they are they are very efficient very little goggle stickage. The last half hour the moguls sort of lost their shape but it was still a super fun night. 
It’s very impressive the amount of snow they are blowing I wonder if they’re going to make a shot at April weather permitting.

It all depends what the weather is like the second half of March. If it’s one of those years with cold and late snow April is a possibility but often it’s warm and the snow just vaporizes.  I’d say probably a 1 in 4 chance we have April skiing this season at Blue.  I typically book my April Colorado trip later in April just so I don’t possibly miss a late closing day. 

I can also confirm that if you stayed skiers left on CS last night it was indeed awesome.  The direction the wind was blowing made left of the guns in the gully even better than actual bumps.  In between bumps there was still some glacial sections covered by a dusting of powdered sugar which made things interesting.  Explored the rest of the hill and conditions were consistent with majority of places being scraped off.

The six stopped running around 7 while I was in line for the quad.  I witnessed the mob making their way to the quad line forcing it outside of the scanners.  At that point moved over to the double where there were no lines.

1 hour ago, Dirtwolf said:

I can also confirm that if you stayed skiers left on CS last night it was indeed awesome.  The direction the wind was blowing made left of the guns in the gully even better than actual bumps.  In between bumps there was still some glacial sections covered by a dusting of powdered sugar which made things interesting.  Explored the rest of the hill and conditions were consistent with majority of places being scraped off.

The six stopped running around 7 while I was in line for the quad.  I witnessed the mob making their way to the quad line forcing it outside of the scanners.  At that point moved over to the double where there were no lines.

My only complaint about CS was there was either a light out or missing near the top of the bump section.