Indy(ish) skisafari

tarponhead

[mention=3245]tarponhead[/mention] I stayed at the White Horse Inn on my Long Trail hike..Had a comfortable stay there..Dude at the front desk even gave me batteries for my head lamp and wouldn't take any $ for them...Mad Taco was excellent ....

Very nice. When did you do that and how far did you go? Also how did you get around ( WHI and Mad taco if you were hiking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thu hiked the LT in 2018 (270ish miles)....The trail goes over Mt Ellen so I hiked down to the Inn then hitched to Mad Taco....The next day I was able to take the lift back up(they run it for mountain bikers)

500 gnar points for you bro. That is some cool shit

Nice looking sausages. I skied Bolton valley a few times in college.  Tiny vertical but I’m glad it’s operating. It was a lost ski area for a few seasons. 

I think it’s 1700 but yeah ski wise it skis smaller. Some rowdy side shots all over the place though

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

I think it’s 1700 but yeah ski wise it skis smaller. Some rowdy side shots all over the place though

Did you climb up the fire tower?  And I do give them credit for having MRG esque runs.  They also have night skiing which is rare in Vermont.  

Did you climb up the fire tower?  And I do give them credit for having MRG esque runs.  They also have night skiing which is rare in Vermont.  

No. Is it an actual fire tower or local slang for access to more rowdy stuff? Wilderness peak not spinning so only on vista today

That’s vista peak because I recognized the wind turbine. Did not see a fire tower though, and I went past it on that far trail too. Oh well

26 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

That’s vista peak because I recognized the wind turbine. Did not see a fire tower though, and I went past it on that far trail too. Oh well

Oh well you’re in Vermont and I’m in Allentown so you’re winning!!  One thing about Vermont is tons of good food and rowdy locals and tourists.  Enjoy. 

• Like 1