All things Crested Butte

Barb

Another glorious morning here in CB! Got in line at 8:47 and was there first person. A few of us gathered waiting to be scanned. Then some guy riding a skateboard thing (don’t know what they are called) blows by everyone and gets right up to the closed sign. So I get up next to him but far enough away that his douchebaggery doesn’t get on me since he is dripping with it. When we get scanned he doesn’t have a pass. He is an instructor and says it in his CB jacket and he is just doing 1 run before work. The guy says he can’t let him ride without a pass. Bye Felicia!  It was awesome. 
E5E7102B-483A-4971-92B2-17716BB151FF.thumb.jpeg.5ea68502b117457d3247f176ea1b0c17.jpeg

Quite cold this morning and I forgot my mid layer puffy like a dummy.  First run down Paradise was fast snow but way too shady. Headed down to East River and the sun was already out there…nice.  Felt like just lapping groomers today and they were fun.

Back up to Paradise and the sun was out finally up there.  Then headed to Teo for 2 quick bump runs.  Well not exactly quick, but fun. 
AE44B8E2-FDDB-482D-A311-DF38B945F4D7.thumb.jpeg.af6da17818af2cb9ccd28c5f95377f69.jpeg

Didn’t realize I only took 2 pics. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Barb said:

Another glorious morning here in CB! Got in line at 8:47 and was there first person. A few of us gathered waiting to be scanned. Then some guy riding a skateboard thing (don’t know what they are called) blows by everyone and gets right up to the closed sign. So I get up next to him but far enough away that his douchebaggery doesn’t get on me since he is dripping with it. When we get scanned he doesn’t have a pass. He is an instructor and says it in his CB jacket and he is just doing 1 run before work. The guy says he can’t let him ride without a pass. Bye Felicia!  It was awesome. 
E5E7102B-483A-4971-92B2-17716BB151FF.thumb.jpeg.5ea68502b117457d3247f176ea1b0c17.jpeg

Quite cold this morning and I forgot my mid layer puffy like a dummy.  First run down Paradise was fast snow but way too shady. Headed down to East River and the sun was already out there…nice.  Felt like just lapping groomers today and they were fun.

Back up to Paradise and the sun was out finally up there.  Then headed to Teo for 2 quick bump runs.  Well not exactly quick, but fun. 
AE44B8E2-FDDB-482D-A311-DF38B945F4D7.thumb.jpeg.af6da17818af2cb9ccd28c5f95377f69.jpeg

Didn’t realize I only took 2 pics. 

Hit some moguls, you'll warm up quick!

• Like 1

Did some uphill this morning w my neighbor at the resort. She has to be home in time to get her kids ready for school so we had to leave at 5am. Weather forecast was 2 degrees but it was actually -16 

0D2D5C14-F6E9-4304-B672-9A5A985AFAD6.thumb.jpeg.39013059f8dd3942520d0fb331833b67.jpeg

She belongs to the country club so she has a locker there.  Very convenient if you have kids. Was nice booting up  inside. She usually gets to the top of the second lift (Paradise) but we only made it to the top of Red Lady when she had to turn around. We took 2 cars so I could continue but I was pretty tired so I turned around too. 

Will admit it was a bit scary skiing in the dark with nothing but a headlamp so I just took it slow. I will definitely be getting back out there on my own but plan on a 6:30 arrival so I am skiing down in daylight. I set my Garmin to skiing but it only tracked the downhill 

460483AE-05E6-4359-ACC7-9708CA48DF44.thumb.png.5ab3ff6d54e04b7fc01a8a7cbbf6f311.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was about 6 weeks starting in May we were maskless  here. Denver and surrounding counties just dropped the masks last week. Boulder county still holding on for dear life. 

Edited by Barb

21 minutes ago, Barb said:

There was about 6 weeks starting in May we were maskless  here. Denver and surrounding counties just dropped the masks last week. Boulder county still holding on for dear life. 

All restrictions will be dropped soon. Beginning tomorrow local catholic school kids can go maskless.  It was freaking nice riding the parking lot shuttle bus at JH maskless.  Nice report!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

All restrictions will be dropped soon. Beginning tomorrow local catholic school kids can go maskless.  It was freaking nice riding the parking lot shuttle bus at JH maskless.  Nice report!!!

Democrats are realizing they are gonna get crushed in the next election so they are frantically repealing mask mandates