1:22 chilly Saturday...excellent snow.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I’m back from a fun Saturday morning at Blue mountain. I arrived at the lower lot before 720am and it was 2 degrees with clear skies and light winds. In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Johnny Law, Ridge, BenM, Enjorales, Enjorales, Enjorales, cousin, Faldo, boo bear, Ryan, mute, Charles, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Toast, Justo, TheRealKT, Mixiliplix, Schifdawg, Nancy, Indiggio, Dirtwolf, Salty, and many others. 

First Six pack and first run on challenge which was super nice although my nose and snot was frozen. Sidewinder was decent, Main Street and switchback were boner doner, paradise was a little marblely. I skied challenge the most and even had a foray over to lower widowmaker to midway. No real liftlines during the ten runs i skied from 8-940am. 

A fun parking lot with beer and chips and thawing out my poor toes...it was nice having good conditions that’s fornsure and tomorrow AM should be nice as well. JADIP

DC55B178-BC6F-4523-A3BE-A8B94B8028A1.jpeg

78E6BBA1-B1FB-4A47-AB95-7769DE42E331.jpeg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

overflow lot or whatever it is north of us was packed  

IMG_20220122_1130084.jpg

They might have left some ice in the lot but they aren't leaving money on the table today. Chilly but good snow. Looking forward to another bluebird day tomorrow

• Like 5

Speaking of north of the slopes, apparently they are trying to put in a convenience store and gas station (and apartment building) at the intersection of covered bridge and smith gap road (north east side).

https://www.tnonline.com/20220121/retail-center-proposed-in-l-gap-plans-call-for-restaurant-gas-pumps-conv/?fbclid=IwAR2H4yFc5YTN4fiCfysSEbcqlZSaCl2mpqY8hMracuSVT45yxTChiuiC33s

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Speaking of north of the slopes, apparently they are going to put in a convenience store and gas station (and apartment building) at the intersection of covered bridge and smith gap road (north east side).

Hmmm. I could be down with a convenience store if they did a good sangweech. It would be a daily stop after skiing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Super fun morning at Blue today...Was on skis today for the first time this season..Lapped Switch and Side a couple of times..Both were in great condition....Lotta marbles on Lazy...Paradise was just OK....Put the CC stuff on and skied up and down the beginner triple about five times....But damn... that ice in the lot....

Big clusterfuck tryin to leave....

20220122_083353.jpg

20220122_083357.jpg

20220122_083402.jpg

20220122_084958.jpg

20220122_102100.jpg

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 9

22 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Big clusterfuck tryin to leave....

I sat at the intersection waiting to turn left and the guy directing traffic wouldn't give me the ok to turn. After 5 minutes I was like "not gonna sit here all day" and just went when I found an opening. Pretty annoying.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I sat at the intersection waiting to turn left and the guy directing traffic wouldn't give me the ok to turn. After 5 minutes I was like "not gonna sit here all day" and just went when I found an opening. Pretty annoying.

Yeah, he wasn’t really directing traffic as much as he was just pointing to the auxiliary lot and trying to get as many people as possible to turn in there. Since he was a Blue employee and not a cop (like they have had in the past) I’m pretty sure that’s all he was there to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great day for sure! It’s been a few years since I rode, but it was fun to get back out there.

I rode from 10am-4pm. A little icy on the first few runs, snow softened up a bit early afternoon then pretty much straight ice after 2-3pm and called it a day. It probably doesn’t help that my 11 year old AR7’s have no edges.

Pretty sure I saw Justo cruising with a few others, but missed the rest of the early birds. I’ll have to let y’all know when I’m at Blue next and maybe we can link up for a few runs.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, xNick11 said:

Great day for sure! It’s been a few years since I rode, but it was fun to get back out there.

I rode from 10am-4pm. A little icy on the first few runs, snow softened up a bit early afternoon then pretty much straight ice after 2-3pm and called it a day. It probably doesn’t help that my 11 year old AR7’s have no edges.

Pretty sure I saw Justo cruising with a few others, but missed the rest of the early birds. I’ll have to let y’all know when I’m at Blue next and maybe we can link up for a few runs.

Damn dude blast from the past!

23 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Super super good day, really good snow and cold but not nearly as bad as last weekend. 

Good to have side back and I love the rollers, its such a good rhythm section like air turn air air turn turn air. Justo showed me the communist side of coming soon which is hyper fun and slashy terrain is rare at blue.

Shit was rocking when I left they are making some bank......once I'm not there pack them in like sardines 

love this description

Have you ever heard of a speak like a pirate translation?

https://pirate.monkeyness.com/translate

i wish there was a speak like a johnnylaw translation where it works in phrases like “ titty sparkles” and other phrases were thrown in.

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, skiincy said:

love this description

Have you ever heard of a speak like a pirate translation?

https://pirate.monkeyness.com/translate

i wish there was a speak like a johnnylaw translation where it works in phrases like “ titty sparkles” and other phrases were thrown in.

You just have to hang out long enough and you'll eventually not need a translator.