Elk 1/22/22

abe

16 minutes ago, Benm said:

i wonder if that lift services beginner terrain. 

imagine being panicked over being plucked from a lift, then having to navigate those bumps lol 

It does, I've taken it numerous times and there are grate green circle, blue square and black diamond runs off it. That bump run can get pretty gnarly unless you're @indiggio

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

Great job to Elk's ski patrol for doing a great job and no one got hurt. I guess that's what you get when you can source your patrollers from VT. 

The news said it was a problem with the gear box. They should have popped a Ford transmission in there as a back up. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Schif said:

Great job to Elk's ski patrol for doing a great job and no one got hurt. I guess that's what you get when you can source your patrollers from VT. 

The news said it was a problem with the gear box. They should have popped a Ford transmission in there as a back up. 

Makes me wonder how many hundred Blue Mountain Ski Patrollers it would have taken to evacuate a single chair?

7 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Makes me wonder how many hundred Blue Mountain Ski Patrollers it would have taken to evacuate a single chair?

I'd be willing to bet they would do just fine because they have training. Any time that I have dealt with Blue's SP for anyone or myself requiring medical attention they have done things incredibly well. We give them shit because they used to blow whistles at us while we skied like assholes, but I think the overwhelming majority of them know what they are doing. Now if the lifts had to evacuate the lift, that would be a different story. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, indiggio said:

That’s rude to throw shade at the BMSP. From what I heard from concussion ted, it’s harder to become a ski patroller than get a masters degree. 

• Haha 1

better start practicing because that quad is getting pretty suspect

at least elk had a wide open area to work with. would probably be a lot trickier in the narrow paths in the woods cut out for blue's lifts. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

It stopped on me and mixi yesterday. After 20ish seconds it did the little 2 step sputter and we both said “aw f*** here we go.” Fortunately it was only stopped for about a minute. No plans on riding it except once a morning or so to hit CS. 

• Like 1

Just now, antman12 said:

It stopped on me and mixi yesterday. After 20ish seconds it did the little 2 step sputter and we both said “aw f*** here we go.” Fortunately it was only stopped for about a minute. No plans on riding it except once a morning or so to hit CS. 

On weekday mornings we have no choice. 

43 minutes ago, Benm said:

better start practicing because that quad is getting pretty suspect

at least elk had a wide open area to work with. would probably be a lot trickier in the narrow paths in the woods cut out for blue's lifts. 

Its also interesting to note that the trail doesnt seem to be littered with random skiers there to help, and by help i mean take photos, post to instagram, or FB.  Not sure whats going on above the main focus in the pic, but i think it is probably another set of patrolers evacuating another chair.  

Unfortunately our interactions with SP at Blue are mostly whistles and arm waving, but they do need a certain amount of respect due to some pretty significant training.  

But they did also open Razors that one morning when it was shiny ice the entire run.  

• Like 1