1/23..not as cold..sausage Sunday.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 722am and in the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Toast, JohnnyLaw, PSUFly, Mixilplix, Nancy, Schif, Enjorales, Pops, Dirtwolf, Matt Edge, TP4, Indiggio, Johnny Law, Enjorales cousin, Falco, Charles, Antman and many more. 

First run on challenge was a carpet, super nice, Sidewinder was alright some mini cookies, Main Street was super nice on top and a little rolly Polly on the bottom and switchback was super good.  Paradise had new manmade and I even did lazy once and it was fine. 

No real lifflines while I was skiing.  I seemed to be a bit out of it today, I barely slept Saturday night then had an epic nap after skiing yesterday and slept a little overnight..I skied alright and didn’t drool on myself just some snot.  The lot was fun, good beer drinking and sausage Sunday in full effect with sausage, pork, pizza and venison...today is my last day at Blue until after Jackson hole in 1.5 weeks+...since I’m not around I expect good reports from everybody. JADIP

• Like 5

Today's food offerings were pretty awesome.   Snow was good all around, parking lot was great as usual.

Last run I told @antman12 we should hit coming soon.  He said ok one last run but really gotta hit the bathroom.   Of course then it was a 20 minute wait for the quad, followed by us getting stuck when it broke down for a bit :)

Only pics I took today...Wally and the mighty blue marsh ski area

20220123_110610.jpg

20220123_135000.jpg

Edited by PSUFly
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Very fun morning. I got on the snow a little late around 820 after chatting a bit with @enjoralas in the lot. Then met up with skier @Mixilplix and the Bethlehem boyz for my first chair ride up. Proceeded to do three runs thru the new park which is a lot of fun and very well built. Credit to the groomers and park crew for the set ups. Then took a few runs with mixi and @PSUFly down switchback, sidewinder and paradise-dreamweaver. 

Then I told fly I was gonna hit the restroom quick then come back out and he said he was going to hit Coming Soon and take off. I figured why not I’ll do another quick run and bounce. A 15+ minute lift line and 10+ minute quad break down later we were finally at the top. SMH. 

My first time down coming soon besides last year when it was ungroomed. The top 2/3rds was really good conditions but the bottom third was pretty dicey. The trail itself is really cool though. Nice and wide and the banking on riders right will probably create some fun side hits. 

very fun morning!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Very fun morning. I got on the snow a little late around 820 after chatting a bit with @enjoralas in the lot. Then met up with skier @Mixilplix and the Bethlehem boyz for my first chair ride up. Proceeded to do three runs thru the new park which is a lot of fun and very well built. Credit to the groomers and park crew for the set ups. Then took a few runs with mixi and @PSUFly down switchback, sidewinder and paradise-dreamweaver. 

Then I told fly I was gonna hit the restroom quick then come back out and he said he was going to hit Coming Soon and take off. I figured why not I’ll do another quick run and bounce. A 15+ minute lift line and 10+ minute quad break down later we were finally at the top. SMH. 

My first time down coming soon besides last year when it was ungroomed. The top 2/3rds was really good conditions but the bottom third was pretty dicey. The trail itself is really cool though. Nice and wide and the banking on riders right will probably create some fun side hits. 

very fun morning!

You know there are plenty of trees across the top of Coming Soon, the majority of which have yellow snow surrounding them?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Fun times at Blue today...Upper Main was buttery smooth....Lower Main had some marbles...Lazy and Switch were in good shape..Some good rollers on Side...

Did eight up and down laps on the XC stuff....Good time in the lot with everyone while enjoying @enjoralas fine delicacies....

Uphill track... 

20220123_100942.jpg

20220123_103940.jpg

Sweet tracks! 

I'm in the pic next to the pink jacket skier. It's like where's waldo.

I'm bummed I missed the buffet but sounds amazing, as always. And thanks for dealing with Wally barking 🙉

I got a late start at Bleu. Came from NEPA last night so I skied from 9:30am - 1pm and just did laps. Sidewinder got progressively better throughout the day. I had a great day on the mountain!

The line looked terrible. But since I was skiing solo most of the time, it went quick. I stayed in the VIP line on the left. I added to the groups and most of the time, it was only about 2-3 groups ahead. 

Bob corralling all lines made it 100x folds better. So grateful for him!

• Like 8

Today was sooo good and like right back to really good snow.

I love the rhythm section on side, hammer down through the left, stay super tight right and then it gets super interesting, three rollers with perfect spacing while the skis are just absolutely crackling with speed. Right before the second air out of 3 my brain is screaming slow down but onward we push ever faster into the 3rd air and then it's land and instantly full rudder right max angulation and you can go to plaid kinda speed into the cutover. I could do that everyday for the rest of my life and be super happy.  Upper main was 11/10 snow and switch was so good I did it like 6 times in a row. 

Top notch lot session, nicks grandma's pepperoni rolls and venison backstrap, bomb ass pizza from Schiff all expertly prepared by Enjo who also had 4938392 treats of his own. The shrimp alone would have been a feast. Old forge style pizza is super good, American cheese grease adds something super nice to the flavor. 

Super super good weekend makes me wish it was arctic every weekend. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

i am desperately waiting to hear what ppls thoughts are of revellos and im wondering where @NMSKI 's review of athonys is. serious business 

Anthony’s was great!  Took me back in time for sure.  It was super old school in there, we ate A LOT.  We had some long hots with prosciutto and provolone first, then I had some “piggy soup”.  We had a tray of old forge thin crust red, and I ordered some ricotta gnocchi with vodka sauce and a huge meatball.  It was 10/10.  I pooped 3 times on Saturday morning.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Anthony’s was great!  Took me back in time for sure.  It was super old school in there, we ate A LOT.  We had some long hots with prosciutto and provolone first, then I had some “piggy soup”.  We had a tray of old forge thin crust red, and I ordered some ricotta gnocchi with vodka sauce and a huge meatball.  It was 10/10.  I pooped 3 times on Saturday morning.

So I was up that way after Blue on Saturday. Rolled in absolutely frozen and mom had some piggy soup ready to go to warm the soul. That might want out for some food to Leggios in plains and also ordered gnocchi with vodka sauce, along with a white pizza topped with fresh ricotta and tortellini with Alfredo sauce. 

• Like 5

Had a great day today. Out on the snow by 805, snow was perfect everywhere. Took a fall in the glades off Main Street, wasn’t going fast, but hit a small stump, don’t even know what happened, but the back of my head hit first. Thank God for helmets and MIPS. Thanks @indiggioand Slim for waiting and making sure I was ok. This is the dent in my helmet! 

017ADAC4-13C1-4152-8F2B-11059A775F78.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Had a great day today. Out on the snow by 805, snow was perfect everywhere. Took a fall in the glades off Main Street, wasn’t going fast, but hit a small stump, don’t even know what happened, but the back of my head hit first. Thank God for helmets and MIPS. Thanks @indiggioand Slim for waiting and making sure I was ok. This is the dent in my helmet! 

017ADAC4-13C1-4152-8F2B-11059A775F78.jpeg

Glad your okay. 

• Thanks 1