Mont Bleu - 1/25/22

toast21602

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

@Benm @C1erArt @momskeeztoo and the regulars in the house this morning. Overcast with some flurries.  Great conditions almost everywhere but Razors was a 10/10 carpet for the first run. Main Street and Switch were similar. Really no complaints again. Only the 6pack was running so TCS was hike only. Did my last run there and now I know what all the talk is about the left side. The trees and left side bumps of the guns are $$$

Also, MomSkis got a new helmet 🪖 👍

08494073-1D97-4A42-80C4-EDCDAB511978.jpeg

353D5746-2E5A-4FDF-8963-1C83782FAB1F.jpeg

92827CC6-24D2-44DA-BA9B-CC010EBAC375.jpeg

Shhhh!  There's nothing down the left side of CS, stay on the trail!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I'm a jelly roll, hike only TCS is dope and the way it should be weekday mornings.  

The snow looks so good and grey PA winter mornings are what I think of when I hear the word winter.  

I say refer to that line by a communist of your choice, be interesting with your stashes and name matters eg Hydrox vs Oreos 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I say refer to that line by a communist of your choice, be interesting with your stashes and name matters eg Hydrox vs Oreos

I was thinking more like sticking to the Free Fallin' theme, even though I can't stand to bring myself to calling it that, and referring to it as Ventura Boulevard (Move west down Ventura Boulevard)

• Like 1

Great conditions almost everywhere but Razors was a 10/10 carpet for the first run.

Thought Razors was pretty sweet too. Skied until about noon, and really needed my rocking chair in the parking lot. Talked with another boomer on the lift and it looks like they are going with the Camelback paid parking model next year. Got to pay for all that new gravel somehow.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C1erArt said:

Thought Razors was pretty sweet too. Skied until about noon, and really needed my rocking chair in the parking lot. Talked with another boomer on the lift and it looks like they are going with the Camelback paid parking model next year. Got to pay for all that new gravel somehow.

Nice maybe parking will be included for season passholders.  

• Haha 1

Really not concerned if they start charging for parking as long as it is for specific areas or included in season passes. My legs work just fine so I can walk. Might have to leave an extra 30 seconds early to make up for the added walk.

At Camelback, the two closest lots are 30 and 40 dollars weekdays, the rest of the lots are 12, free for season pass holders.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even Camelback gives free parking for season passholders. I understand the desire to not leave money on the table but I feel like this is kind of teetering on the edge of worth leaving it on the table to impart some goodwill. 

Whether or not they mean to, the best thing Blue is doing is creating communities. Whether it's PASR, or the many other crews in the parking lot or the freestyle team, or the cross team or even the racers they either let these groups form or actively form them so that people make it a habit to come to their facility, buy passes and maybe some food.  I'm not exactly frequenting   many other PA mountains but I really doubt that this kind of thing exists on the large scale it does at Blue at other places. 

Not every store needs to be a Walmart and not every mountain needs to be a Vail resort. 

• Like 2

someone said it earlier - cbk attracts NY/NJ crowd who will pay for premium parking. that isn't blue's clientele.

maybe blue can charge for that row at the top where we park and something close to the tubing maybe. i just don't see it happening. 

• Like 3

It is crazy to charge parking; think about it, a family of 4 comes in and pays for lift tickets, rentals ($100 per person for ticket and rental), $100 for food (if they are lucky) and then gets jabbed $40 to park. lol. I will say that paying for parking is going to keep me from going to Camelback or JF/BB. Greedy pigs trying to bleed us dry and ruin the sport. It won't keep away the NY/NJ crowd but will affect the local crowd. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Benm said:

someone said it earlier - cbk attracts NY/NJ crowd who will pay for premium parking. that isn't blue's clientele.

maybe blue can charge for that row at the top where we park and something close to the tubing maybe. i just don't see it happening. 

I think you were on the lift with me when I was talking to another guy about that. People will walk from Palmerton 😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

If they tell us we can't drink in the parking lot any more, people are gonna lose their minds (including me)

Or maybe we would just get a PASR bus and all ride to the mountain together 

short-bus-243553.jpg

We'll just have to go drink at the infamous perch. 

• Like 3