Jackson hole 2022...1/25-2/3

GrilledSteezeSandwich

13 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Should have come up if you have your boots. I have an extra set in the seasonal locker. Demo bindings.

Unfortunately I had put my blue pass back in my jacket pocket which was in the bag with the skis as well as my pants.  Thank you though!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Unfortunately I had put my blue pass back in my jacket pocket which was in the bag with the skis as well as my pants.  Thank you though!

Ouch. Yeah,  no bueno then.

I saw them actually make someone open a ski bag at the Southwest at PHL the one trip to see if there was anything besides skis in it, and it sounded like they were making them pay a steep up charge 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I saw them actually make someone open a ski bag at the Southwest at PHL the one trip to see if there was anything besides skis in it, and it sounded like they were making them pay a steep up charge 

Yikes, I thought that was allowed.  I was a little worried at first when it didn’t arrive because my weed pen was in there.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I didn’t think they cared, as long as it didn’t weigh a lot. I always wrap my pants and coat up with my skis. But I leave my Blue pass at home or in my car. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

Yikes, I thought that was allowed.  I was a little worried at first when it didn’t arrive because my weed pen was in there.

40 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I didn’t think they cared, as long as it didn’t weigh a lot. I always wrap my pants and coat up with my skis. But I leave my Blue pass at home or in my car. 

Yeah, I’ve flown them twice with skis and never had a problem, but I have read stories online that others have. I usually pack a pair of my ski pants and some shirts and stuff around the skis to help protect them in the soft bag, especially since there’s mine and Pops in there. The one time the did ask me “Nothing but skis and poles in there?” And I said just some T-shirt’s around the skis to keep them from banging each other and got a “Oh, that’s okay.” 

I suspect the person we saw being hassled was either being an a-hole to the gate agent or more likely the bag was overweight so that opened the can of worms.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Yeah, I've always understood that as long as it is related to skiing/snowboarding it is fine.  I place all of my pants,jackets/base layers/ .. etc.

Maybe depends on the airline.. I usually fly United and sometimes Delta

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Southwest and American are my picks. I had AA’s credit card so that comes with a few perks like 1 free bag and a decent boarding slot. I’ve flown them enough to be familiar with their policies and procedures so it’s usually a pretty smooth time.

I have airline cards with all the major carriers and use whichever when flying.

7 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Never had an issue with any airline and ski bags. Domestic or international. Usually keeping it under weight and not being a dick are enough to keep any attention off of you. 

I always pack some clothing, sweats, shirts, etc. in with skis.  Boot bag has unessential clothing and keep them both under the 50lb limit.  Because I carry on boots, once a counter person mentioned mine was a very light boot bag and asked if I actually had any boots in there.   What does it matter lady?  They're both under 50lbs, regardless of what's in them.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

I always pack some clothing, sweats, shirts, etc. in with skis.  Boot bag has unessential clothing and keep them both under the 50lb limit.  Because I carry on boots, once a counter person mentioned mine was a very light boot bag and asked if I actually had any boots in there.   What does it matter lady?  They're both under 50lbs, regardless of what's in them.

Just keep in mind that on United at least, the ski bag and boot bag are considered to be one item and must be under 50lb limit combined.

I’m allowed 70lb bags and I couldn’t be happier as two pairs of skis plus the weight of my ski bag is like 49.5lbs and I’ve had a few rogue scales say it’s 50.5lb which has resulted in me removing one of my towels that I use to wrap the tips, or just a “repositioning” on the scale at the request of the agent “look it’s under 50 now”.

• Like 2