Jackson hole 2022...1/25-2/3

GrilledSteezeSandwich

United tried to tell me snowboards are an extra charge compared to skis and charged me more.  I immediately threw a temper tantrum on their Facebook page while in the security line and before the flight was boarding, they had reached out to correct the issue.  It’s sad how being an immature asshole can get results, but unfortunately, years of retail and sales experience have shown me this to be the case 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I heard the take a load off Annie song multiple times, the acoustic version of Eleanor Rigby twice and shakedown Street at least a half dozen times.  I thought they started playing 90s music here as I heard Breakfast at Tiffany’s but it was coming out of somebodies portable speaker in the lift line.  I’d rather have breakfast in the Blue mountain parking lot than at Tiffany’s...word Lyfe!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

5 days of sun, one day of storm skiing, and a surprise “pow” day was a great way to end it.

Now at the mangy getting numb.  

49 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

At least 6 untracked pow runs today.

Nice way to end! What is the beer pitcher of choice this trip? Last time I was there I don't think they had Pakos anymore..

I guess I should login a but more often to see if anyone else might be here. I arrived last night and we went searching for good snow. Not much pictures today. 

Central Chute wasn’t good but I don’t think it was bad.  

the snow on this section (trail name evades me) under tram 
I thought was pretty good thanks to wind buffing.

Interesting to see what the rest  of the week has to offer.

4E717A27-C85A-4BF5-A1A8-89821442D882.jpeg

2BBF1BDF-0A27-47C0-BEE6-223596A0048B.jpeg

• Like 8

@CaptDave Riverton Bowl ... key today was to stick to north facing stuff.  Wind was 50mph yesterday and deposited anything fresh onto north facing slopes.  Softest stuff will be things like Hoops Gap, Expert Chutes, Bivouac, Ten Sleep, etc.  Even heard Paint Brush was skiing nice today...but we were in the pow mood so shallower angle was key 😃

• Like 2

I’ll do a good, bad and ugly at some point.  The flight back to Newark earlier left about an hour late and arrived in Newark about a half hour late.  I got my bags fast and parking shuttle to the parking spot fast but the drive was hell.  First very thick fog made things spicy and then five lanes merged into one on 78 right after 287 which delayed things another 20-30 minutes.  

Feels good to have another successful trip to Jackson hole.  I came back with zero dollars cash..I was down to $9 this morning and left $6 for housekeeping and other $3 for the parking shuttle.  I actually only used a credit card for supper last night at Trio and my parking..the rest was cash from a cash order I received two weeks ago.  I also didn’t gain any weight in JH which is nice although I’m the second or third fattest person in Teton county which isn’t good. 

• Like 4