Jackson hole 2022...1/25-2/3

GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks I slacked pretty hard on the report but did my best to make sure it was better than a Salty report 

You said my reports were grate. My 2018 Stowe trip was in the top 100 threads for that week, I think

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You said my reports were grate. My 2018 Stowe trip was in the top 100 threads for that week, I think

Yeah but this one hasn’t been that good. You didn’t even post a report from yesterday’s skiing.  Anyway tomorrow’s pow wow day will make up for it. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah but this one hasn’t been that good. You didn’t even post a report from yesterday’s skiing.  Anyway tomorrow’s pow wow day will make up for it. 

I didn't ski yesterday, I posted a picture of a stuffed catamount and a poster which was pretty rad

2/3. Frigid morning. Snow conditions were pretty good all things considered. Just keep moving to stay warm   Hike up to ride Shot 9.   Nice wind buffed pow at top. Too bad you can’t hike up from Casper lift.

I wish I had a little video but got to see the Jackson Juggler in action for first time.

D54B67C9-6942-4CA3-BE37-CADDDB128E5E.jpeg

12BE11BF-E820-4A40-9B6F-19C7F64A9A01.png

E8D62A9C-3430-4422-9BB5-32708CF2EC63.jpeg

• Like 8

Good:  No falls..some say well that means you weren’t pushing it to the max...well the yellow jackets there don’t think that and sometimes you have to survive like my ugly Hobacks run but I still skied it in control the old me would have cut off larger chunks like an out of control wet noodle but I’m trying to ski well.

Firstish gondola every day..8:56ish start most days.  What a way to start..whisked in comfort 2700+ vertical in about 10 minutes..plenty of time for a business call, tighten boots, make sure every pocket is zipped and talk to people who know famous people or might be famous themselves.  Even the occasional wallet rides the first gondola with us sometimes if he she or they missed EarlyUps and they’re always entertaining. 

First run down ampitheater..nobody on it..behind the surgeons ahead of the chiropractors still doctor shit..front row a mile down and a quarter mile wide you wanna make a 90m radius turn onto the Thunder lift. Nobody for ten chairs behind...every ski day..powder or cord..when it’s clear it’s fast and it’s good and when it’s low vis it’s rough but only had that a little bit.  

NMSki:

He skis fast..always positive..always down for another beer and punctual..his fourth trip to JH..and a lot of PASRs have skied JH multiple times because it’s a place that you want to come back to.  Always unfinished business. 

Rental Car

Atomic Jeff rented a Chevy Tahoe.  He’s a good Chauffeur..rental car always on fleek...no Hyundai Santa Fe..I’m sure people thought we were sickbro rippers with Utah plates or traveling missionaries who happened to be black and double black diamond skiers. 

More to come...a lot of good with this trip but plenty of bad and ugly to come...Stayed Tuned.

and since you like pictures here’s a picture of free after skiing hotel stuff..fruit and tea..

ACD58132-67B9-4BD5-8B6C-723D5015BF24.jpeg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, CaptDave said:

2/3. Frigid morning. Snow conditions were pretty good all things considered. Just keep moving to stay warm   Hike up to ride Shot 9.   Nice wind buffed pow at top. Too bad you can’t hike up from Casper lift.

I wish I had a little video but got to see the Jackson Juggler in action for first time.

D54B67C9-6942-4CA3-BE37-CADDDB128E5E.jpeg

12BE11BF-E820-4A40-9B6F-19C7F64A9A01.png

E8D62A9C-3430-4422-9BB5-32708CF2EC63.jpeg

CaptDave will get you high tonight. Oh I mean captain jack.  Sweet pictures..looks way better than the Newark airport or Allentown. 

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Good:  No falls..some say well that means you weren’t pushing it to the max...well the yellow jackets there don’t think that and sometimes you have to survive like my ugly Hobacks run but I still skied it in control the old me would have cut off larger chunks like an out of control wet noodle but I’m trying to ski well.

Firstish gondola every day..8:56ish start most days.  What a way to start..whisked in comfort 2700+ vertical in about 10 minutes..plenty of time for a business call, tighten boots, make sure every pocket is zipped and talk to people who know famous people or might be famous themselves.  Even the occasional wallet rides the first gondola with us sometimes if he she or they missed EarlyUps and they’re always entertaining. 

First run down ampitheater..nobody on it..behind the surgeons ahead of the chiropractors still doctor shit..front row a mile down and a quarter mile wide you wanna make a 90m radius turn onto the Thunder lift. Nobody for ten chairs behind...every ski day..powder or cord..when it’s clear it’s fast and it’s good and when it’s low vis it’s rough but only had that a little bit.  

NMSki:

He skis fast..always positive..always down for another beer and punctual..his fourth trip to JH..and a lot of PASRs have skied JH multiple times because it’s a place that you want to come back to.  Always unfinished business. 

Rental Car

Atomic Jeff rented a Chevy Tahoe.  He’s a good Chauffeur..rental car always on fleek...no Hyundai Santa Fe..I’m sure people thought we were sickbro rippers with Utah plates or traveling missionaries who happened to be black and double black diamond skiers. 

More to come...a lot of good with this trip but plenty of bad and ugly to come...Stayed Tuned.

and since you like pictures here’s a picture of free after skiing hotel stuff..fruit and tea..

ACD58132-67B9-4BD5-8B6C-723D5015BF24.jpeg

I’ll be getting the fireplace room again next year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I’ll be getting the fireplace room again next year!

I was chatting with my friend about JH and I said that because you booked directly through the hotel you got an upgrade to a fireplace suite. She asked if that’s where we chilled and the answer to that was correct.  My room did have plenty of towels..

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...