Jackson hole 2022...1/25-2/3

GrilledSteezeSandwich

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, indiggio said:

This came up on my google feed today. The video is apparently like 10 years old.  Definitely more balls than brain and he’s really lucky he didn’t get injured from that.  The majority of us middle aged snow sports enthusiasts would be carted off in a ski patrol toboggan if we attempted that..I’m sure my DINS set at 8 would withstand that lol

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This came up on my google feed today. The video is apparently like 10 years old.  Definitely more balls than brain and he’s really lucky he didn’t get injured from that.  The majority of us middle aged snow sports enthusiasts would be carted off in a ski patrol toboggan if we attempted that..I’m sure my DINS set at 8 would withstand that lol

The commentary cracked me up.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is closing day at Jackson hole…they received 595” at the upper mountain plot and 434” mid mountain and are closing with a 129” upper mountain base and a 93” mid mountain base.   It’s only been above freezing at the base a few times all winter..I’ve never looked at the webcam so much because it’s always snowing.  If it’s sunny everyday looking at the webcam is boring.  

Alta Utahs total is impressive AF. A local climatologist from the university of Utah has a 20 foot high weather station across the street from the parking lot and only the top two feet or so is visible.  

A95AA18B-E643-4C6B-9316-AC57A44AAF33.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Today is closing day at Jackson hole…they received 595” at the upper mountain plot and 434” mid mountain and are closing with a 129” upper mountain base and a 93” mid mountain base.   It’s only been above freezing at the base a few times all winter..I’ve never looked at the webcam so much because it’s always snowing.  If it’s sunny everyday looking at the webcam is boring.  

Alta Utahs total is impressive AF. A local climatologist from the university of Utah has a 20 foot high weather station across the street from the parking lot and only the top two feet or so is visible.  

A95AA18B-E643-4C6B-9316-AC57A44AAF33.png

What’s I think more impressive is that Arizona snowbowl (400 so far) is doing better than the front range CO and Whistler and by a good margin.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

What’s I think more impressive is that Arizona snowbowl (400 so far) is doing better than the front range CO and Whistler and by a good margin.

It doesn't snow much at some of those places. Telluride in particular only does 250 or so most years. Every 1 in 10 years or so the flow will favor the San Juan's but those are relatively rare years.  

The front range too is getting the old drier parts of the storms that have now been up and down a series of mtns as they move west to east.