1/26 Rainbow Stalin - Now with extra parking rumors

Johnny Law

For anyone not in the know this song was first featured in the ground breaking documentary Booter Crunk. Of course remembered by all for asking the eternal question of how does one get Booter Crunk? It also sums up the feeling of skiing hike to Josef Stylish, Karl Marx, Rainbow Stalin whatever we are calling it. Perfect fluff all tucked in though all the way downtown is a bit firm. 

Rode this morning with Gary and Kurt, sixer only.  They blew a skif across almost the entire mountain and while the snow is very nice if yesterday was 10/10 today is 9/10. Very good snow but some loose mixed in with harder patches. No bumps on main made it super wide and massive news they've groomed a bit of a ledge into the center section of switch. Personally I've always wanted to be able to mix a little air in there and make it harder to get on the right turn fast enough and it's perfect pop land insta carve right.  Lazy now has rollers before the big turn. 

Now what everyone really wants parking gossip. Gary said that he was told by the blizzard ski guy who claims to be the former blue finance guy that it's 40$ a day up close 10$ in the back, no season pass. Then I heard from Diane ? The lady in the vail mask that it was an extra 150 on your season pass or 20$ a day any lot. This caused another lift rider I'll call lady who's always with the lady that might be Diane or Diane herself to proclaim that a lifty told her it was 10$ for front row only weekends only to pay for the new fantasy lift. 

FWIW I think we are all eating our own rumor and then regurgitating the slop as new news but if they do something my hope is just that it's not stupid and annoying. Like having to give the can zinchy guy  an Andrew Jackson everyday to break my neck because I'm not wearing 12 point steel crampons to navigate the glacier that is the lower lot.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Now what everyone really wants parking gossip. Gary said that he was told by the blizzard ski guy who claims to be the former blue finance guy that it's 40$ a day up close 10$ in the back, no season pass. Then I heard from Diane ? The lady in the vail mask that it was an extra 150 on your season pass or 20$ a day any lot. This caused another lift rider I'll call lady who's always with the lady that might be Diane or Diane herself to proclaim that a lifty told her it was 10$ for front row only weekends only to pay for the new fantasy lift. 

FWIW I think we are all eating our own rumor and then regurgitating the slop as new news but if they do something my hope is just that it's not stupid and annoying. Like having to give the can zinchy guy  an Andrew Jackson everyday to break my neck because I'm not wearing 12 point steel crampons to navigate the glacier that is the lower lot.

All I know is that if I can't fly down the mountain and turn into the lot faster than I should because there is a line of cars waiting to pay I am going to be mildly upset.

But thanks for getting more parking dirt to add to our growing pile.

tenor-259691405.gif.92de527651a4a78928478650cb8b5748.gif

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

It’s been skiable ever since it opened. 

Yeah, skiable in the sense that a skier is generally able to go down it. But most of the time I've been on it I found it to be either worse than any other open trail on the mountain or a plain torture to navigate. I ski it once, just to see what's new, and end up never coming back on the same day 'cause it ain't worth it. Looks like from the reports it was a real gem on Monday, too bad I've missed it. I hope that once it stops being a novelty they'll realize that with the way how they make it, most people will prefer not to ski it. Meaning snowmaking money down the drain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Yeah, skiable in the sense that a skier is generally able to go down it. But most of the time I've been on it I found it to be either worse than any other open trail on the mountain or a plain torture to navigate. I ski it once, just to see what's new, and end up never coming back on the same day 'cause it ain't worth it. Looks like from the reports it was a real gem on Monday, too bad I've missed it. I hope that once it stops being a novelty they'll realize that with the way how they make it, most people will prefer not to ski it. Meaning snowmaking money down the drain.

Learn how to ski?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2