njskiandride: Snow Bowl Ski Area 1/30/22

Justo8484

10 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Nice report... How hard is it to to find where to go/park?  

I've never heard of this place, but looks like I live about 20 minutes away(near Rockaway Mall)

Here is to hoping we get more snow this year... Won't be able to get out before the rain

I can't speak for them, but I looked into this place last year when we got a bunch of snow and I think there was a small parking lot right along the road as well as a school very close by. I'm pretty sure this is part of a county park now, so there are some trails and maybe a bike park? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I can't speak for them, but I looked into this place last year when we got a bunch of snow and I think there was a small parking lot right along the road as well as a school very close by. I'm pretty sure this is part of a county park now, so there are some trails and maybe a bike park? 

Appreciated,, good know!

I saw it was listed as some kind of preserve now, so I assumed there was likely some kind of maintenance. Thanks

Yup, right by a school. I don’t think you’d be able to see it from any highway, as it’s not that big and the trails are really not that wide as you can see in my photos. It’s part of Mahlon Dickerson preserve, so yes they do trail maintenance. There are trails in there that people bike, though I don’t think there’s an actual bike park, technically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Looking at the place on Google Earth, looks like there's a parking lot right at the entrance or perhaps in the school lot?

image.thumb.png.813102e007e3fdd06bd6cbffc089ebdd.png