2/1 Pack them in Tuesday

C1erArt

Picking up the slack here. Thought I saw JL, BenM and Toast, probably others. Cloudy and cold to start with, but the sun came out around 10. Everything in very good shape with the quad running. Challenge was smooth, Razors was great without any marbles. Third run down, the lift line was beyond the gates, so next run headed over to Main St. Didn’t notice any major stoppages on the quad. Main St., Widowmaker and switchback were in excellent condition, but things started backing up on the double chair. After a couple of runs they started up the second double chair, which helped for a while, but then started backing up again, so I headed out. The six pack was just starting when I left at 10:45. Things look pretty crowded on both lifts now on the WebCam.

• Like 5

Was just about to post.

Conditions were fantastic today and Razors was probably the best it has ever been. I also thought Sidewinder was fantastic. I'm not sure I have seen that many people on a Tuesday morning, though. The line was nuts but the longest wait we had was maybe 3-4 minutes. The VIP line looked massive but went by quickly and was a time saver compared to the general public. They had the maintenance cart on the rope for the 6er doing work throughout the morning so I'm glad to hear that it is up and running. Saw three ambulances comes in and out while packing up. Must have been wild out there.

It was nice of the sun to come out and when we were getting ready to head out there was a military chopper flyover done to celebrate how good of a month of skiing we had before this upcoming rain storm. Barb sure knows how to celebrate the good conditions!

IMG_6775.thumb.jpeg.2272450558de69594de8eb1312453b1a.jpegIMG_6777.thumb.jpeg.5b226628de6c313e9dd31a83fb18251f.jpegIMG_6774.thumb.jpeg.34c4b0114236ca47a4b9930312624de4.jpegIMG_6773.thumb.jpeg.04e3878837f64029e5a37784a51d362e.jpeg

IMG_6776.thumb.jpeg.6ce00abf221620f1a78d0408d5f4e9c9.jpeg

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 9
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Son said Philly & NJ have teacher in-service day to celebrate Chinese New Year.

Saw the 6 down at one point, but was back up last time I looked, but way crowded.

Why in the fuck are they given a whole day off to celebrate Chinese New Year?  I think a nice respectful social media post would have sufficed.  

• Boner City 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

LOL, what wasn't too bad? It's what it looks in the pic. It was a crazy busy Tuesday. The busiest Tuesday ever.

Kudos to them for proactively opening Burma chair. Maybe an hour into skiing or so I was about to say "screw this" and go to the slow lift, but then realized that lines there were even longer. It's at that point that they apparently started the second lift.

Very weird choice of time for doing maintenance on the 6-pack. Got me fooled with the moving chairs, luckily I spotted that trolley and didn't get my hopes high, but some folks were camping before the 6-pack's gates way before it started to load. I'm glad it got open eventually, I rode it maybe 4 times before noon, when it too filled up, and then I just left.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

LOL, what wasn't too bad? It's what it looks in the pic. It was a crazy busy Tuesday. The busiest Tuesday ever.

Kudos to them for proactively opening Burma chair. Maybe an hour into skiing or so I was about to say "screw this" and go to the slow lift, but then realized that lines there were even longer. It's at that point that they apparently started the second lift.

Very weird choice of time for doing maintenance on the 6-pack. Got me fooled with the moving chairs, luckily I spotted that trolley and didn't get my hopes high, but some folks were camping before the 6-pack's gates way before it started to load. I'm glad it got open eventually, I rode it maybe 4 times before noon, when it too filled up, and then I just left.

That's almost identical to yesterday and like 6 other mornings, I can think of two that were worse. The quad line backs up onto the trail as the line itself can't hold that many people past the gate and even more so as it only has 5 or 6 gates. Half the time a decent number of people in the vip line are actually waiting for the pleeb gates. In the sixer you wait past the gates, quad before.  We waited maybe 5 mins max on that particular run but you did absolutely have to have a season pass. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snow on razors first run was best of the year so far, skiing in a dream kinda snow where your doing exactly what you want without feeling like your trying at all. Challenge was nearly as good and I love the little ledge on the left side to hop off of.  Switch, Side, Main all of it was pretty much hammer down let it rip super snow. 

I had to do work sadly but these are the days I'll wish I stayed all day in July. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, eaf said:

50 minutes after opening 

AA28E768-55A5-48A6-81A5-0F10526D22BD.jpeg

Any benefit to the VIP line?  This quad thing is a mistake..run the six pack on weekdays. I voiced this concern on Facespace and the first reply was that you can’t get to Coming Soon with the quad...honestly the fair thing to do would be to keep Coming soon closed except when @Johnny Law@RidgeRacer@indiggioand @tarponheadAnd if all four of you happen to ride the quad at th same time without it stopping, titty sparkles will fall from the sky.  Sheesh maybe should have had a third pitcher of beer 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

Any benefit to the VIP line?  

Yes, usually the VIP line alternates with the plebes, so it moves much faster.

Got on the short Burma Chair line to avoid the really long Main Street chair line. Didn’t notice that they started running the Burma chair at reduced speed. Boy, was that a long chair ride. 9 minutes.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bb7e9d1209f656be9d3c271d94671dbe.jpg

Lift lines were pretty Epic for a Tuesday morning. The issue seemed to be people thinking that the vip line was the singles line. We bounced back and forth between quad and doubles til about 10:30, then when we realized that the bulk of the “vip” line was people without season passes, started to strategically maneuver through the line and never took more than 5 minutes after that.

Razors, paradise, widow maker, and lazy were possibly the best snow I’ve skied them with all year. It was awesome to ski razors at 100% and know your edges were gonna grip no matter how hard you pushed. Don’t get to do that too often, given that I don’t run a 3° side bevel like [mention=2]AtomicSkier[/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1