Saturday 2/5...pretty nice.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. It was in the upper teens when I arrived at the valley at 720am. In the house were Johnny Law, Toast, Ryan, BooBear, Mute, nastar Glenn, BenM, Mixilplix, Indiggio, Tarponhead, Enjorales, Pops, Falco, enjorales cousin, Charles, Bethlehem Ford guy and many others. 

First run was challenge which was way better better than expected..firm but smooth..some new manmade made Main Street nice and switchback was smooth..lazy mile was also ok. A pleasant surprise was coming soon with the Berlin Wall being mad technical and tough to penetrate. The worst snow was probably on sidewinder but it was still decent. 

I was expecticing worse than average conditions and turned out to be a solid 7 out of 10..PARidge would probably call it an 8. The parking lot was cold and fun..all in all a pleasant Saturday!!!

3B25A970-FC0B-4BD6-A9C6-CD45740B1E32.jpeg

128102A2-1B87-4DFA-9F30-0A28141DDCD5.jpeg

• Like 9

I thought today was gonna be brick and cookies...even thought about showin up an hour or so late.....but damn Blue pulled some magic outa there ass...The mountain rode pretty nice and the crowds were low...Chilly and windy but at least it wasn't in the low single digits.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhfl8wB2K9Q

That Honda Kei truck was pretty novel...I see them for sale on CL now and then...I think this would fit @Johnny Law style better than the truck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL_T4Lr0uu8

20220205_084505.jpg

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Today was way wayyyy better than expected. Blue did a great job recovering from the shit weather. TCS was my run of the day. 

If @Johnny Lawdoesn’t own that Honda truck by the end of the season I’m going to be bummed. 

Most of them are not DOT legal so I'll have to figure out where he got it though it would probably cost me 20mins on the drive. Plus my daughter said any car I get must have heated seats at least for her.  

Today was really good, great snow when it's 4 and hasn't been above freezing for a month is easy but not on a day like today but blue delivered.   

I expected an absolute rink but it was good and coming soon was particularly great.  First run down switch I was 1/3 down before I could believe what I was skiing and really start using the edges.  Honestly I think in a regular year we would have been very happy with today's conditions.  I feel like I'm jinxing us but blue has become seriously professional of late.  Not only did they blow snow but it was of high quality......I keep feeling like I'm due to wake up. 

Excellent lot session, most good to have steeze and tarpon back.............I wonder if a hot tub would fit in the back of that truck, mobile pasr hot tub........

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I thought today was gonna be brick and cookies...even thought about showin up an hour or so late.....but damn Blue pulled some magic outa there ass...The mountain rode pretty nice and the crowds were low...Chilly and windy but at least it wasn't in the low single digits.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhfl8wB2K9Q

That Honda Kei truck was pretty novel...I see them for sale on CL now and then...I think this would fit @Johnny Law style better than the truck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL_T4Lr0uu8

20220205_084505.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 That video is gold and your 1000000% right it's 5 speed/4wd and has an on off accelerator that's like a fancy element 

• Like 1

First run tentative down challenge expecting $hit but pleasantly surprised. Indiggio waved me into quad and we did not leave TCS for a long while. Did not enemies drop into Trotsky’s trench until last run down TCS the headwall was so good.Migrated over to west side, did a ‘Crows only’ chair with the boys to boot. Unexpectedly fun day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Most of them are not DOT legal so I'll have to figure out where he got it though it would probably cost me 20mins on the drive. Plus my daughter said any car I get must have heated seats at least for her.  

Today was really good, great snow when it's 4 and hasn't been above freezing for a month is easy but not on a day like today but blue delivered.   

I expected an absolute rink but it was good and coming soon was particularly great.  First run down switch I was 1/3 down before I could believe what I was skiing and really start using the edges.  Honestly I think in a regular year we would have been very happy with today's conditions.  I feel like I'm jinxing us but blue has become seriously professional of late.  Not only did they blow snow but it was of high quality......I keep feeling like I'm due to wake up. 

Excellent lot session, most good to have steeze and tarpon back.............I wonder if a hot tub would fit in the back of that truck, mobile pasr hot tub........

A nice soaking tub in the lot would be nice.  I’ll bring the soap and shampoo..if we’re all gonna get wet might as well get clean

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tarponhead said:

Brezhnev’s clef

Jibbitz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's super super super good ! I couldn't even come up with something that rhymes and he was the 2nd longest serving iirc.

My daughter has spent probably $200 on them so I couldn't believe she couldn't remember but that would have driven me crazy..........I need to talk to black crows to see if we can get you some crows jibbitz, that would be legit af

• Like 1

Add me to the list of most pleasantly surprised.  Was fully expecting and ice rink shit-show, but cruising down Challenge’s fairly smooth cord had things looking up.  Decided to check out Coming Soon and discovered snow that was like skiing on a cloud.  Would be nice to have snow like that across the entire mountain.  Took a run down the trench to find only one set of tracks before me and some wicked good, slashable snow.  Sidewinder had some decent snow with a few ice patches around.   Lazy and Switch had some nice snow, but Barney’s took the cake for fun.  They blew a skiff on the entire run and the headwind kept refilling the troughs with loose dust.  Unfortunately got really spoiled by the snow on Coming Soon today.

• Like 2