Touching the Sky 2-6-22

RidgeRacer

Another important thing to note is yesterday @mute1080 and I were talking with @GrilledSteezeSandwich and he said he was going out to the bar Saturday night but would be skiing Sunday since he already used up his hangover day for the year. While waiting for the lifts to start spinning @AtomicSkier informed us that he received word that he party-rocked too hard and wasn't going to ski today. SMH.

james-corden-smh.gif.9d44df2e923600a73e377455ac7fd66a.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

27 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Another important thing to note is yesterday @mute1080 and I were talking with @GrilledSteezeSandwich and he said he was going out to the bar Saturday night but would be skiing Sunday since he already used up his hangover day for the year. While waiting for the lifts to start spinning @AtomicSkier informed us that he received word that he party-rocked too hard and wasn't going to ski today. SMH.

james-corden-smh.gif.9d44df2e923600a73e377455ac7fd66a.gif

Sad that @GrilledSteezeSandwich isn't a man of his word.  

• Like 4

Super super super awesome day number like 26, everything outside of a couple of spots on main and challenge was 10/10. Switch again I thought was tits Mcgee but it's so good the ditch is back in play, that's the most fun on the hill most days. 

Cold day made warm by lots of sun and a most excellent parking lot.  Enjo the pizza was perfect and for real you are the sausage king of Chicago.

Only thing missing was a certain presence with Steeze......Grilled Steeze to be precise, hope you were waking up next to someone cute, who wasn't filing out the baritone section of karoke

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Sad that @GrilledSteezeSandwich isn't a man of his word.  

I can’t do bars during ski season. Glad all y’all missed me.  I’ll be up Tuesday morning.  Was thinking about tomorrow AM but I want to get a full day of work in.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Super super super awesome day number like 26, everything outside of a couple of spots on main and challenge was 10/10. Switch again I thought was tits Mcgee but it's so good the ditch is back in play, that's the most fun on the hill most days. 

Cold day made warm by lots of sun and a most excellent parking lot.  Enjo the pizza was perfect and for real you are the sausage king of Chicago.

Only thing missing was a certain presence with Steeze......Grilled Steeze to be precise, hope you were waking up next to someone cute, who wasn't filing out the baritone section of karoke

I woke up alone next to my jerk rag..when I saw what summer camp costs...I’m sort of glad it’s that way lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Chatted with @tarponhead last night and with the temperatures dipping into the single digits, the hope that they would make some pristine, man-made again on Coming Soon danced in our tiny, beer-addled brains, so the plan was to hit the quad first thing, because Razor's was closed and who cares about Challenge when there's pristine snow to be had. 

After saying hellos to those inside the lower lodge, I made my way towards the quad, with the PASRs at the 6-pack encouraging me on.  My old, deaf ears only heard them yelling something like "You're going to get the best snow on the mountain", but why weren't they going to the quad?  Were they just playing with my mind? Oh well, their loss. 

Soon @tarponhead, Gah-skier George, his Jr. and bumper Rick arrived at the quad with me.   The gates jittered and then popped open, so we dashed through down to the loading area.  After a brief wait, the lifties emerged from their shack, went up and checked the 6pack and waved us on.

As we departed, we were amazed to see empty chairs on the 6-pack?  As we further ascended the mountain, still more empty chairs?  Farther up the ride, we could see the masses still waiting at the 6-pack gates?  Guess the gates were malfunctioning on the 6er??

Unfortunately, there was no glorious snow on Coming Soon like yesterday, however later in the day Brezhnev's clef skied quite good.  Evidently someone went off the right side and into the woods and had to be pulled out by SP.  That lower right ditch of Coming Soon is not for the feint of heart!

They blew more snow on Barney's which made for some pleasant bumping until it was skied out and the glades, if you stayed on Barney's side was fun too.

Pretty much everything else was meh.  Lower Main had some nice snow from the fan gun, but watch out for the hidden ice rinks.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Exciting day on the slopes, but even more exhilarating drive home dodging potholes on blue mountain drive. Southbound from the church/cemetery to the school was like the moon

I love the one I call mt. Nippletop, it's like a perfect cone I cannot figure out how they made it but it's a doozy. 

The section your talking about has more holes than pavement. 

• Like 2