2/9 - Razors is fine

Johnny Law

Got on the snow around 940 to the sixer and quad running. First run was down challenge which was so bad I was surprised they dropped the rope. Brutally firm snow but the real issue is its lumpy af with huge trenches and what can only be described as lumps. I like bad snow but it was just break your leg bad not fun at all. 

Razors is exactly the opposite, slightly firmer than Monday but super consistent hammer down snow. They did build risers for the race kids and at least this morning there was gates and shit laying qround everywhere so keep your eyes peeled. I would say I don't know know how you couldn't see them but someone proved me wrong on that a few years back. 

TCS, switch and main are nearly as good though the freeze thaw snow is just starting to show up. Side was getting full sun and it's such a nice trail when you can see it.  

Low crowds and perfect weather make it a very nice day on the hill. 

20220209_111729.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

They started with the quad, but had some lengthy stops, so the sixer started about when you did. Main Street was good with some blown snow covering the top, and the bottom wasn’t too lumpy. They had bundles of poles on top of the jumps on Razors. TCS was covered with grippy blown snow.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Got on the snow around 940 to the sixer and quad running. First run was down challenge which was so bad I was surprised they dropped the rope. Brutally firm snow but the real issue is its lumpy af with huge trenches and what can only be described as lumps. I like bad snow but it was just break your leg bad not fun at all. 

Razors is exactly the opposite, slightly firmer than Monday but super consistent hammer down snow. They did build risers for the race kids and at least this morning there was gates and shit laying qround everywhere so keep your eyes peeled. I would say I don't know know how you couldn't see them but someone proved me wrong on that a few years back. 

TCS, switch and main are nearly as good though the freeze thaw snow is just starting to show up. Side was getting full sun and it's such a nice trail when you can see it.  

Low crowds and perfect weather make it a very nice day on the hill. 

20220209_111729.jpg

Nice. I'm going RAW tonight and looks like it's going to be warm.

• Like 2

I had an existential crisis  today… Pulled in 8:45 booted up , wallet phone in one pocket pass by itself in pants, keys in small pocket? Keys ? Fff . I was only planning an hour but my subconscious decided otherwise. I’ll call AAA in an hour 😁

TCS was awesome I was first few down. Sun at my back and could see nice smoky shadow trailing behind . I don’t roam if I find good snow that’s not boring. The bumps on the lower section are reforming. 
One run on Barneys as I noticed last night that they blew some refresh . Barneys was firm and fast.Back to TCS then my phone rang $&&@!

Wish I could have stayed around longer! 
Beautiful day! 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

I had an existential crisis  today… Pulled in 8:45 booted up , wallet phone in one pocket pass by itself in pants, keys in small pocket? Keys ? Fff . I was only planning an hour but my subconscious decided otherwise. I’ll call AAA in an hour 😁

TCS was awesome I was first few down. Sun at my back and could see nice smoky shadow trailing behind . I don’t roam if I find good snow that’s not boring. The bumps on the lower section are reforming. 
One run on Barneys as I noticed last night that they blew some refresh . Barneys was firm and fast.Back to TCS then my phone rang $&&@!

Wish I could have stayed around longer! 
Beautiful day! 

Where did you leave your keys?   My phone stays in my car when I ski at Blue.  It’s really the only time I’m not on my phone.  

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where did you leave your keys?   My phone stays in my car when I ski at Blue.  It’s really the only time I’m not on my phone.  

On the passenger side dashboard. The last thing I put in my pocket. Getting old I guess. I’m taping a spare underneath somewhere tonight. 

Well if you crash a knock yourself out in the woods somewhere your friends/ family can send help if you have locations turned on. I have a patroller friend at Camelback and on the closing sweep he found someone out cold 50’ into the woods. 
Lucky they spotted him ! 

1 minute ago, AirheadD8 said:

On the passenger side dashboard. The last thing I put in my pocket. Getting old I guess. I’m taping a spare underneath somewhere tonight. 

Well if you crash a knock yourself out in the woods somewhere your friends/ family can send help if you have locations turned on. I have a patroller friend at Camelback and on the closing sweep he found someone out cold 50’ into the woods. 
Lucky they spotted him ! 

I don’t even know if I have locations turned on...anyway I don’t want to be bothered by work people when I’m skiing or somebody from India named Brian seeing if I want an extended warranty on my car.  I have a whole routine for my keys.  The keys for my work, hotel house and cell phone go in center console while I ski and in my pants pockets are wallet and car key fob which I transfer to jacket pocket when I ski.  I am a bit envious of people with touchpad entry on their cars..I think the old Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer editions had that.  So was Free Fall ungroomed?

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t even know if I have locations turned on...anyway I don’t want to be bothered by work people when I’m skiing or somebody from India named Brian seeing if I want an extended warranty on my car.  I have a whole routine for my keys.  The keys for my work, hotel house and cell phone go in center console while I ski and in my pants pockets are wallet and car key fob which I transfer to jacket pocket when I ski.  I am a bit envious of people with touchpad entry on their cars..I think the old Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer editions had that.  So was Free Fall ungroomed?

Groomed up top and a couple inches of undisturbed freshies from last night on the lower half. I didn’t find any ice anywhere so it was pedal to metal even over the dogleg drop off . Later runs stayed skiers left and bumps were coming back. Didn’t try da trench . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Some new Fords (and I’m sure others) have an app for your phone/Apple Watch where you can lock and unlock the car as well as start it if equipped. I’m envious of those people, I’d lock everything in the car except my watch and have a day 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

this is all very interesting to me as i never lock my doors at blue.

what, are people going to steal my shoes or something?

Or maybe fruit snacks.  I grew up in the city so I’m used to always locking my car. My mom even got her car stolen back in the day.  The first place I lived in Montana, the doors were never locked.  It was wild. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

this is all very interesting to me as i never lock my doors at blue.

what, are people going to steal my shoes or something?

Your going to have to start locking them now that everyone knows. Ask GSS about leaving them unlocked. 

In VT they'll leave the car running forever if it's cold. Grocery shopping half the cars will be running with no one in them.

Yesterday was perfect. Only run we didn’t take was Challenge, looked horrible from the lift. TCS definitely run of the day, some new soft bumps were forming, making it lots of fun. Skied 9-230, out for more until about 5pm, then off to CBI for snacks. Didn’t get home until about 10 pm. I’m feeling it today at work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Yesterday was perfect. Only run we didn’t take was Challenge, looked horrible from the lift. TCS definitely run of the day, some new soft bumps were forming, making it lots of fun. Skied 9-230, out for more until about 5pm, then off to CBI for snacks. Didn’t get home until about 10 pm. I’m feeling it today at work. 

Wow that’s a long day.