JF 2/9

C1erArt

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

And most would bitch and moan regardless of what other trail the terrain park went on.

NMDW is my fav trail, so its unlikely i would bitch much about losing any other trail.  I was never like, yippee we get sidewinder back.  Not sure why, i mean NMDW and side both have turns, which i like trails that turn, but, and this is probably another happy accident on Blues part, but NMDW just flows so well under speed.  

I would trade coming soon for NMDW.  yes, coming soon is cool, the trench is badass, natural bumps are where its at, but ehh, i dont know.......maybe the new trail smell is starting to wear off.  

17 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Also, they took down the sign for "Risk It". 

Haven't checked on any of the other signage like Happyland or Mark's Way. 

if vail is nothing else, they are very safety conscious.  or, terribly afraid of being sued, take your pic.  Taking the sign for risk it down sort of fits in with what they have been doing with renaming trails and whatnot, and i mean, if you are going to have a trail sign, its sort of inviting people to ski it, and risk it was very seldom skiable, and for what it was, a little dangerous.  It doesnt sound like the glades and off trail stuff at Frost are what they were years ago.  

I would have to assume Marks Way has been taken down too.

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 2

Yeah didn't notice any signs for glades. Also no longer seeding bumps on Exhibition, and it was 100% groomed. Honestly fairly dull without glades or bumps won't be back again soon. Quit when it started raining after 10 runs. Oh well, only had to take half a day off work and it beat working.

If I'm gonna ski an Epic place in PA again this season it will be Roundtop or Whitetail. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, Schif said:

They do, and they are rarely used to their full potential and they require you to have a very specialized attachment to one of your cats. All practical thinking says that they are more hassle than they are worth. When I was watching the olympics I was really thinking to myself, where do these riders even go to train? I can't think of many mountains that still have one. 

I think there are only 2 or 3 super pipes in the US anymore if I remember correctly from the announcers discussing this during the olympics. 

Just now, toast21602 said:

Shit I forgot about the Snö super pipe! I actually completely forgot how big they tried to make the park scene up there.

I rode that pipe a few times, got to the top of the wall once and I was good. Really puts into perspective how insane the Olympic riders really are. 

Sno Mountain should be a case study for how investing way too much into parks (and randomly cutting down a thousand trees) is not a great business move. I really think that the super pipe was the nail in the coffin for them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Schif said:

I rode that pipe a few times, got to the top of the wall once and I was good. Really puts into perspective how insane the Olympic riders really are. 

Sno Mountain should be a case study for how investing way too much into parks (and randomly cutting down a thousand trees) is not a great business move. I really think that the super pipe was the nail in the coffin for them. 

Where was it located on today's trail map?

5 hours ago, trackbiker said:

The lines came from selling 71% more Epic passes than last season.

Yeah, i get it, Vail sold alot of passes.  But why werent the masses flocking there when Peak had a pass for $500 with 4 free buddy passes?  And i get it, ski a couple places in PA, and Hunter really isnt that far, but, lets face it, JFBB isnt the pinnacle of PA skiing.  It just doesnt make that much sense to me, that these people are like, "well, i have the pass, so i might as well go ski some really short runs at JF?"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Yeah, i get it, Vail sold alot of passes.  But why werent the masses flocking there when Peak had a pass for $500 with 4 free buddy passes?  And i get it, ski a couple places in PA, and Hunter really isnt that far, but, lets face it, JFBB isnt the pinnacle of PA skiing.  It just doesnt make that much sense to me, that these people are like, "well, i have the pass, so i might as well go ski some really short runs at JF?"

But people don’t like spending money on lift tickets.   

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

But people don’t like spending money on lift tickets.   I’m sure there’s some semi local people with epic passes who usually just go to Stowe and Vail Donnie they’ll hit up hunter or JFBB a few days as well. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

But people don’t like spending money on lift tickets.   I’m sure there’s some semi local people with epic passes who usually just go to Stowe and Vail Donnie they’ll hit up hunter or JFBB a few days as well. 

More semi local people with epic passes than semi local people with a Peak JFBB pass, from years ago?

I guess the lure of other mountains could drive those sales some.  Its just really odd to me, how much more crowded it appears to be these days.  i mean, they had people parking on the road a mile away one weekend.  

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Peak didn't have the big western resorts that Vail has. People thought if they bought the pass they could get a trip out west with cheap airfare and wouldn't have to pay for lift tickets.

2 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Sno Trail Map

See #26 on the linked map.

The problem with half pipes in the east is that the thaw freeze cycles kill the rims and they usually just turn into ice chutes.

I completely forgot how bad their maps were, and also that they reclassified the trails. Gotta love the double blues. 

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

More semi local people with epic passes than semi local people with a Peak JFBB pass, from years ago?

I guess the lure of other mountains could drive those sales some.  Its just really odd to me, how much more crowded it appears to be these days.  i mean, they had people parking on the road a mile away one weekend.  

I’m sure way way more epic passes than Peak passes.  

4 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Peak didn't have the big western resorts that Vail has. People thought if they bought the pass they could get a trip out west with cheap airfare and wouldn't have to pay for lift tickets.

Stowe and Okemo also significant for PA and NJ skiers as opposed to Snow being only VT option

And Epic cheaper

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski